View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Well in that case we may as well just preempt the inevitable and ban ALL breeds of dog now.

Does anyone else see a trend........?!?!

Breed gets popular, breed gets banned, another breed gets popular, another breed gets banned..............

Stands to reason that in time the human race will have worked its way through all breeds of dog and will have to consider then extinct........
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Why are you picking a fight with me. I have said that I reconsidered my view on rehabilitation.

All the rest is totally irrelevant, but just for you...
That is what it was - a suggestion- nothing more, this is a FORUM- ideas, opinions and suggestions are what makes it.

No she has never yet worked with a dog that has killed and i am sure will never have the chance as they are destroyed immediately it seems.

But she would TRY given the chance and she is a braver individual than I. Stupid maybe, but she only puts hereslf at risk as has safe premises in which to work with these animals. All her cases of rehabilitation that involve dogs which were due to be pts for agression have been either successful rehabilitation or pts. At least she give them a good chance first.

Satisfied? can we make up and move on?!
Im not picking a fight at all, you just dont like the fact you recommended rehabilitating a dog that had killed a child! It was YOU that mentioned somebody else NOT me, I asked you if that person had done this before, obviously not!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Not a lover of this news paper but this was in today.
Apparently the uncle who was thought to be the owner had a [a social network] page to show the world how hard he was.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...al-deadly.html
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
Do you know them .......no i think not so get off my case on that one!

there are people on here saying it wasnt the dogs fault and as i said before these dog have a fighting instinct which is very hard to out train. that is not dramatising anything, and like drugs they are illegal.

i am quite well aware that other breed have and do kill, i'm not stupid and ill-informed.

i just dont like to see a killer exonerated when something like this has happened.
No I don't know them but am not making a judgement call on them
I have see those posts who believe it was not the dogs fault, I guess it is the age old nature vs nuture debate (I still think no one has won that one )
you stated those types of dogs are like drugs and as I stated before I did not understand your logic on that.
"they might not be mind altering but they are unpredictable, like drugs!" was your reply
most animals including humans can be unpredictable.
I am not saying you are stupid or ill informed but concerned over your regard for the breed as killers. You could have a legal breed of dog or an illegal breed of dog in the right hands they can be trained and well controlled in the wrong hands they can be a dangerous dog regardless of breed.
I am not saying exoneration for anyone I am not buying into it I think enough have already decided their view on that (in previous posts)
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
No I don't know them but am not making a judgement call on them
I have see those posts who believe it was not the dogs fault, I guess it is the age old nature vs nuture debate (I still think no one has won that one )
you stated those types of dogs are like drugs and as I stated before I did not understand your logic on that.
"they might not be mind altering but they are unpredictable, like drugs!" was your reply
most animals including humans can be unpredictable.
I am not saying you are stupid or ill informed but concerned over your regard for the breed as killers. You could have a legal breed of dog or an illegal breed of dog in the right hands they can be trained and well controlled in the wrong hands they can be a dangerous dog regardless of breed.
I am not saying exoneration for anyone I am not buying into it I think enough have already decided their view on that (in previous posts)
'sighs'

drugs are illegal........so are pit bull types.

that was easy really.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
'sighs'

drugs are illegal........so are pit bull types.

that was easy really.
I wish
drugs incl alcohol, cigarettes legal
pit bull types can be registered and follow guidelines clearly set out by the DDA they can be legal also

I am going back to my original statement and believe it more than ever
I have read through 18 pages then felt sick literally, you are debating things that are not even relevant, do you know why A 4YR OLD GOT KILLED.
I don't care if it was a bull breed or not I don't care if it was a maltese or not, the fact remains a life has been extinguished far to early in such an horrific way and you want to debate the ins and outs????
Why the dog did it I have no idea and anything other than that is speculative and insenstive and a waste of bladdy time.
I am sure the police took no joy in shooting this animal, nor of what the scene would have looked like.
Of the grandparents and parents guilt I have no doubt they will feel it for a long time to come.
On the out cry to come it is a raw nerve as some people have 4yr olds tonight laying in their beds soundly and wonder of the 'what if it was my child'
So can you all stop now as it has gone on long enough, remember a 4 YR OLD DIED
if you want to debate something start a new thread. I have read about post mortems on the dog, behavioural assessment for the dog, dog laws, dog owners, what some would have done to the dog, what some are disgusted about in the situation, even inanimate objects such as cars, WHO CARES ABOUT A 4YR OLD THAT DIED.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I wish
drugs incl alcohol, cigarettes legal
pit bull types can be registered and follow guidelines clearly set out by the DDA they can be legal also

I am going back to my original statement and believe it more than ever
Yep- that is the sad truth. That poor child died, if (i am not one to totally believe the papers) indeed the dog was raised as a weapon then the owners may as well have kept a shotgun in the house then act surprised when somebody got killed.

Not a lover of this news paper but this was in today.
Apparently the uncle who was thought to be the owner had a [System edit: Contains pet groups] page to show the world how hard he was.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...al-deadly.html
Backfired in the nastiest possible way, i hope he feels ''well hard'' now!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Until it is dangerous dog issue rather than an illegal breed issue this tragic incident will happen again and again. Until some one see's sense and goes back to scratch with dog laws and make the owner responsible for the actions of their dog.

The Sun newspaper show this dogs owner as stereo typical of a Pit bull type owner but the reality is much farther away that.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Until it is dangerous dog issue rather than an illegal breed issue this tragic incident will happen again and again. Until some one see's sense and goes back to scratch with dog laws and make the owner responsible for the actions of their dog.

The Sun newspaper show this dogs owner as stereo typical of a Pit bull type owner but the reality is much farther away that.
That is so true,we need to get away from the breed issue,dog attacks and fatal dog attacks are not breed specific.

I agree We need good strong enforceable dog laws,that makes all owners / breeder's accountable for the actions of there dogs regardless of it's breed.

BSL has done absolutely nothing to protect anyone,dangerous dogs are not breed specific,all dogs of all breeds can be dangerous.

Dog attacks have increased since the introduction of the legislation in 1991.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post

Could not agree more, very well said - your post too Sal

My heart goes out to the little boys parents. Whatever the circumstances an innocent child has been killed and it could have been avoided. Terrible waste of a young life
Page 42 of 53 « First < 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 > Last »