View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 01:05 PM
just a quick update as am using Stuarts Laptop. Benhad Hansen Disc Disease -type 1, will need to google that LOL. He is in the car as I type this and is doing great. He is managing to walk a few steps unaided aswell. He has to get no exercise at all for 2 weeks then 10 min walks twice a day on a short lead and gradually build up.

He has to be crated if we are leaving him for long periods, but he is used to that so no probs and he is eating his normal food at normal amounts.

We got a discharge sheet and I felt like a mum who got a glowing report card for their first born LOL..Ben is friendly, a lovely dog has made signicficant improvements since operation against all odds. He had fenestration surgery so not only did they completely remove the prolapsed disc but also some other discs that Looked as if they may cause probs in the future. I do not know how many as we didn't get to speak to the vet, but I have his email so will ask when I email to say a HUGE Thanks.

On that note a MASSIVE thanks to you all, every one of you who offered support advicce encouragement. Those who listened patiently whilst I cried my eyes out on the phone, those who sent me texts to keep me going and everyone who posted on this thread you are all just Bl**dy Brilliant. xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
OMG OMG OMG

We have to go and pick Ben up and he's coming home

He does have to go back, but only to have stitches out and see the original consultant. He has to have ongoing physio and be confined to small spaces and he has been widdling all by himself. The vet is really really pleased.

But bet he's not as pleased as us!!

Thank you all for the Dogsey vibes and prayers

Dogsey magic does it again. I am in tears here, its just unbelievable xxxx

So happy for you honey x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
just a quick update as am using Stuarts Laptop. Benhad Hansen Disc Disease -type 1, will need to google that LOL. He is in the car as I type this and is doing great. He is managing to walk a few steps unaided aswell. He has to get no exercise at all for 2 weeks then 10 min walks twice a day on a short lead and gradually build up.

He has to be crated if we are leaving him for long periods, but he is used to that so no probs and he is eating his normal food at normal amounts.

We got a discharge sheet and I felt like a mum who got a glowing report card for their first born LOL..Ben is friendly, a lovely dog has made signicficant improvements since operation against all odds. He had fenestration surgery so not only did they completely remove the prolapsed disc but also some other discs that Looked as if they may cause probs in the future. I do not know how many as we didn't get to speak to the vet, but I have his email so will ask when I email to say a HUGE Thanks.

On that note a MASSIVE thanks to you all, every one of you who offered support advicce encouragement. Those who listened patiently whilst I cried my eyes out on the phone, those who sent me texts to keep me going and everyone who posted on this thread you are all just Bl**dy Brilliant. xxx
HONEY>>>>YOUR THE BRILLIANT ONE Ben has loving owners, a loving home.....and he's just going to make it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 02:30 PM

Im not one bit suprised by his report....

I only met ben for an hour, he stole my heart, hes one of the sweetest little dogs I have ever met, hes lovely xx
so glad your getting him home at last, xxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
glad ben is on his way or is at home

love and hugs

sue
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 03:54 PM
THIS IS OVERWHELMINGLY GOOD NEWS TODAY LYNNE!!!! I'm SHOCKED that he's in the car already and coming home , but shocked in a very nice way!!!!! OH blooming 'eck, this has made my day Take care of your little man, spoil him rotten and don't push him too hard, he'll only do what he feels he can! (I know that from my experience with old mum! Lol!)
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Great news !!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 04:34 PM
We are home!! He is able to take 1 or 2 steps unaided at all, so we have to keep our eyes on him. LOL He has an apptat the vet on Sat to get his stitches out and get a form filled out for referral to Hydrotherapy. We have this sling thing to help when he goes out for the toilet but I have no idea how...as it covers his bits LOL!!
They did say it was ok not to use it if just out the back. Our vet recommended a lead (called 2 in 1 lead from dogmobile) so I have ordered 1 of those as think it will be much easier for him.

Think I will be having my birthday champagne and Birthday cake tonight 8 days late but today is the best birthday present ever!

My wee boy curled up in his bed in his house
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Oh this just gets better and better Lynn. How fantastic is that!!!
You are such a brilliant owner hun, and like us you never gave up hope for Ben.
I am so chuffed I could crush a grape

Elaine xxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
We are home!! He is able to take 1 or 2 steps unaided at all, so we have to keep our eyes on him. LOL He has an apptat the vet on Sat to get his stitches out and get a form filled out for referral to Hydrotherapy. We have this sling thing to help when he goes out for the toilet but I have no idea how...as it covers his bits LOL!!
They did say it was ok not to use it if just out the back. Our vet recommended a lead (called 2 in 1 lead from dogmobile) so I have ordered 1 of those as think it will be much easier for him.

Think I will be having my birthday champagne and Birthday cake tonight 8 days late but today is the best birthday present ever!

Oh yes!!!! you celebrate, relax and enjoy your boy home at last. I bet he will heal much quicker at home too.

Pics please, pretty please

My wee boy curled up in his bed in his house
Elaine xxx

Bless him I bet he is so glad he's home too
Page 41 of 50 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »