Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
You talk alot of Cr*p i must say.
I have 3 crossbreeds and all are well trained dogs,as i have spent ages training them.
Elmo for one will be becoming a PAT dog soon too.
Its not the dogs fault if they are not trained..blame the owners,and you can say that for any type of dog.
My toy poodle is a nasty snappy little bugg** and has bitten all of us and all my dogs and thats the truth.
But i will teach an old dog new tricks.
Perhaps you should try it too.
Getting personal again?

I wasn't talking about your dogs. I was saying the ones I've met in the park and just in general. Yet again you all seem to get defensive and act asif people are attacking your dogs personally!!

Well he must have been brought up a spoilt lap dog to be that snappy. What is the last part supposed to mean?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
You talk alot of Cr*p i must say.
I have 3 crossbreeds and all are well trained dogs,as i have spent ages training them.
Elmo for one will be becoming a PAT dog soon too.
Its not the dogs fault if they are not trained..blame the owners,and you can say that for any type of dog.
My toy poodle is a nasty snappy little bugg** and has bitten all of us and all my dogs and thats the truth.
But i will teach an old dog new tricks.
Perhaps you should try it too.
How rude! and you claim others have been rude and unwelcoming to you.. Look through your posts you may see why.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Some posts have been removed subject to our Posting Guidelines. Please spend a few minutes to refresh your memory of them.

Thanks.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
You don't know bullying/bitching/insulting your choice of dog until you have shown. Trust me it's much worse there than a forum
See I had heard this. I had considered when I got my RBT to show just for the experience and I plan on having a very well bred dog who I hope to be very healthy and a good example of the breed. Is it worth still showing or is it that bad? Sorry I know off topic but its something ive heard on various occasions
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
See I had heard this. I had considered when I got my RBT to show just for the experience and I plan on having a very well bred dog who I hope to be very healthy and a good example of the breed. Is it worth still showing or is it that bad? Sorry I know of topic but its something ive heard on various occasions
I dont think showing Is that bad. Sometimes people get jealous with placings, sour grapes and all that! There Is a little back stabbing where people will be nice to your face and not behind your back, like In all walks of lives. But It tends to be a great way to meet new friends who are passionate about the same dogs and a fab day out with your pets. Defo worth It!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 09:57 PM
See I had heard this. I had considered when I got my RBT to show just for the experience and I plan on having a very well bred dog who I hope to be very healthy and a good example of the breed. Is it worth still showing or is it that bad? Sorry I know off topic but its something ive heard on various occasions
Blu is from some of the best lines and is a good example but no one will accept him because our face isn't known. They bitch about their own lines really! But you just get on with it because when you do well it makes it all the better because you know you haven't had favours from no one!

There is lots of nice people in showing just don't expect them to welcome you with open arms at first because they have had bad experiances and and wary of new people. Now alot of them are my friends just they don't have my breed. If I see someone new with a poodle I always go upto them because I know how awful people within the breed are
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 09:57 PM
So basically as long as im tough skinned about it realise none of it is personal and take the best from it and have fun with my future dog defo worthwhile? As I say ive considered it in the future but a close friends said I shouldnt because of the things I had noted before. I still am intreagued though and think id probably like to have a go at at least one. Of course this is all purely hypothetical as I dont own the dog but I know it is the next breed I want to own.

Thanks for you comments DevilDogs. Ps realise this is still off topic dont know if it needs changed to a seperate thread or whatever.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks also Blu hadnt seen your comment when I had replied
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Some times It depends how you enter a breed and how you come across! we were accepted pretty much straight away. we have only been showing 4years and have made some fab friends and brought In dogs from people that have been In the breed a very long time, we got Into cresteds and are doing things proberly, we health test we dont over breed, we keep our head down and do our own thing and not worry about what others are doing, Always willing to take the advice from them that have been around the breed longer and take their opinions on board Yada Yada!
If you enter a breed and come across as Irresponsible and the like then you will find It hard to be accepted as people dont want people like that In their breed as their passionate.
Yes very off topic maybe a mod will split the thread?
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2010, 10:01 PM
So basically as long as im tough skinned about it realise none of it is personal and take the best from it and have fun with my future dog defo worthwhile? As I say ive considered it in the future but a close friends said I shouldnt because of the things I had noted before. I still am intreagued though and think id probably like to have a go at at least one. Of course this is all purely hypothetical as I dont own the dog but I know it is the next breed I want to own.

Thanks for you comments DevilDogs. Ps realise this is still off topic dont know if it needs changed to a seperate thread or whatever.
Basically. At my ringcraft they are awful about Blu because they are friends with other people who have poodles and they don't like the competiton. Told me his pedigree is rubbish, his muzzle is far too wide etc but I just let them get on with it

You just go and enjoy the day with your dog anything else is a bonus. No matter what hobby you do there will be these kind of people. You will notice it's these people that only go under friends when judging so win big
Page 40 of 53 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 > Last »