View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I would simply remind them age gaps, don't make or break a relationship.
Theres 4 yrs between me and my OH and we have been married almost 17 yrs, every couple has there ups and down, age doesn't change how you feel or treat one another.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2008, 11:48 AM
When I met my OH I was 45 and he was 28! I was divoiced with 2 sons and he was divoiced with 3 sons and a stepdaughter and living with someone with a wedding planned. When they split up we got together and have been together 13 years. We have had our ups and downs and aguments but are still together and still love each other.

In our case most of the hassle came from his exwife and my ex husband. She used the children to get in contact with him and even encouraged him to have an affair with her friend (that caused us to spilt up for a while).

The only thing that is important is how you feel about each other. If you love each other, enjoy each others company and want to be together then concentrate on that and ignore the nasty comments. They can only hurt you if you let them.

I used to try and be friendly with his ex wife in the hope it would make things easier but it didnt work so I started being honest in what I felt about her and let OH sort her out himself. We had to stay in contact because of the children who stayed with us every other weekend.

She has finally realised that the only way our relationship will fail is if we no longer want it to continue. Funnily enough she is now very pleasant with me when we meet!

Its hard at times but the relationship we share is worth it. Try and ignore the nasty comments, the people making them are usually jealous of what you have together.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 12:19 PM
My oldest sister has been with her OH since she was 16, he was 26.

My youngest sister is also 10 years younger than her hubby, she started seeing him when she was 15!!

It's never been a problem for any of us though

My OH is 6 weeks younger than me, but that doesn't matter either because men never grow up so they always stay boys...in mind anyway......lol.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2008, 09:46 PM
my darling husband is 13 yrs younger than me we have been together for 12 yrs now. and only had 3 disagreements in that time. we talk we laugh we communicate, very rarely does our age difference make any difference. only with music ,
and hes 5 yrs older than my oldest daughter. and she has been the only one who has made any comments.
and because of the age gap he gets on well with my youngest, she can talk to him which is good.
so if theres any comments i think its pure jealousy on their behalf.
luckily charlie didnt want kids so im happy.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
You can never predict what is going to happen.
I'm now pending a high Court case with my ex, he is 19 years my senior and what a heap of hell he reaps on me.
Our relationship lasted 10 years and I thought I knew him.
I was wrong.

Edited to say, I thought he was the wise one. Hmmm.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4