View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I am shocked........................................... .....that someone is showing some backbone for once. Great decision
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
His case was that he was being preventing from "earning"a living-however the British team do not get paid for appearing at the Olympics ergo he will not lose any earnings by not being allowed to go.

A good decision, just because other countries like the USA allow their drug cheats to compete at the Olympics I'm glad that the British do not agree. It supports the vast majority of athletes who are clean(& lots of them world quality)

Suggestion for him go to the USA & play American football, they welcome drug cheats
He already tried it, they got rid as he was crap
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 11:32 AM
His case was that he was being preventing from "earning" a living-however the British team do not get paid for appearing at the Olympics ergo he will not lose any earnings by not being allowed to go.

A good decision, just because other countries like the USA allow their drug cheats to compete at the Olympics I'm glad that the British do not agree. It supports the vast majority of athletes who are clean(& lots of them world quality)

Suggestion for him go to the USA & play American football, they welcome drug cheats
Your correct they don't get paid, but they all make and absolute fortune though sponsorship and endorsements.

Also as Phil has alrady said he tried that with the San Francisco 49ers, but it came to nothing.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:34 AM
LOLOL My comment was tongue in cheek !!

My athletic hero is Daley Thompson who won by ability & commitment not the needle or tablet or drink
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Your correct they don't get paid, but they all make and absolute fortune though sponsorship and endorsements.

Also as Phil has alrady said he tried that with the San Francisco 49ers, but it came to nothing.
I would like to think no sportsware/energy drink/other kind of company would not have touched him with a barge pole.

"Buy our products and you to could cheat your way to the top" doesnt have a ring to it
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:37 AM
LOLOL My comment was tongue in cheek !!

My athletic hero is Daley Thompson who won by ability & commitment not the needle or tablet or drink
Love Daley Thomson as well, he was a real athlete
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Personally, I think he should be allowed to run again. He's a very talented runner, and unless we have someone else who can match his times, then yes he should be able to go!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Personally, I think he should be allowed to run again. He's a very talented runner, and unless we have someone else who can match his times, then yes he should be able to go!
He can run again, just not at the olympics. Also you cant say he is a talented runner as the drugs he took are proven to still help years after taking them. The olympics bodies are aiming to be drug free and it would have been a mockery if he had been allowed to take part.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
But how can we really be sure he is a talented athlete?
He has taken performance changing drugs which by all accounts can alter the way you perform for the rest of your life. Even if they don't, how can we be sure he won't do it again?

No, no and thrice no
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Well he's been running in other competitions - that proves his talent. I agree he shouldn't have done it, but we need to find someone better else we will be a shambles again at yet another olympics!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >