09-04-2008, 03:48 PM
A very perfect looking dog to meXXXX
What a striking fellow
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
Have found in training that throwing the bait helps keep a dog away from you, not in the ring though or you will not be popular. Re: Barry I do not want to interfere with the way you train you know your breed best, well I don't know it at all, but I know when a dog looks 'right' and sometimes I look a photos in the dog press and despair. The third photo of your dog looks great, the neck has no wrinkles and the topline is not strained.

I agree that training without a lead is a good way, I hate to see a dogs natural gate interfered with because the handler is either stringing up or pulling the dog to one side, not that I am not guilty myself I am not a good handler. Once when I was showing my bitch at a championship show I tripped and dropped the lead and she continued did a triangle and an up and down without me, when I recovered the lead the judge said well she moved very well nice corners which is more than I can say for the handler who did not move at all, I said shall I move her again and he said, Oh no, I am sure you would put her off, we won the class.
Now thats tallented, if only my lot would move themself, they wouldnt have the burnden of me to carry,, I would have been awe struck if I had seen a dog carry on without the owner,,,but weeing myself laughing at the same time, you clearly have the dogs well trained,,,posting my lot to you,,,asap,

I think of all the things to get right in showing, you must have a sence of humour, if you cant laugh off the {good mistakes as above} and the bad ones then its not for you, my moto is dogs live to make an ass of you at shows so just laugh it off, the world wont stop spinning cos you had a bad day at a show,
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Now thats tallented, if only my lot would move themself,
To be honest it surprised me as normally she showed me up like going one side of a pole when I go the other or doing a bum hole parade all the way up the rubber mat
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Poor Barry has had a lot to take on board in the last couple of weeks, Hes had to learn to work with tikka without a lead, which I think is new to him, {most people are horrified when they come to me for training and I walk over take the lead off the dog and say ok get on with it, lol

Barrys done quiet well, tikka has learned to go into a stand from a sit, by stepping back rather than walking forward into it, she has learned to walk back and shes quite good at holding still while you come forward to feed her, I will defo keep an eye on the head and front legs though,, will get more photos on monday for you to have a look at

[/QUOTE]

Well i am listening, and trying!!! Wont happen overnight, but if i stick to it, i,m sure we, myself and Tikka will eventually get there!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Poor Barry has had a lot to take on board in the last couple of weeks, Hes had to learn to work with tikka without a lead, which I think is new to him, {most people are horrified when they come to me for training and I walk over take the lead off the dog and say ok get on with it, lol

Barrys done quiet well, tikka has learned to go into a stand from a sit, by stepping back rather than walking forward into it, she has learned to walk back and shes quite good at holding still while you come forward to feed her, I will defo keep an eye on the head and front legs though,, will get more photos on monday for you to have a look at

Well i am listening, and trying!!! Wont happen overnight, but if i stick to it, i,m sure we, myself and Tikka will eventually get there![/quote]

yup you defo seem to be getting the knack of it really well, you will be a pro in a few weeks,, honest,
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
yup you defo seem to be getting the knack of it really well, you will be a pro in a few weeks,, honest,
Don't know about that one... maybe a couple of years... stocked up on my bait, seeing as i,ma scrooge hehe, and got a pouch, not a bumbag hehe! Oh i,m nearly a doggy nerd! LOL
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4