View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
heh heh Having been owned by a Jack Russell for the past 4 years I would say the size of dog is irrelevant its more to do with activity level. Lots of really big dogs are quite lazy and dont require/need a lot of exercise. Most terriers are high energy and like to be on the go a lot
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Fudge is my first dog, as an adult although I always grew up with dogs. Her activity levels are high as she is a collie cross. There are several breeds I have fallen in love with since finding her. I love flatties and working strain cockers, I have also developed a soft spot for CKCS so it would depend very much on my health and lifestyle at the time. It may also be whatever needy individual I fall in love with at the local rescue. That is how we met Fudge and we couldn`t ask for a better family dog. She is my soulmate.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't know to be honest, I love my dallies, but I also have a fascination for rotties, gsds, NI's......are we seeing a pattern here?!?!?! When I get older I know I'm going to be quite ill thanks to the kidney disease I have, but it depends if I have lots of land....then I'll probably stick to my high maintenance breeds, if not, then I dunno maybe a newfie!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I think Pembrokeshire Corgi's for me when I become grey and old, or maybe a few Pomeranian's around the place, as I certainly know when I'm old and grey I won't be able to manage working bred terriers, and English Springer Spaniels!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I dont thing i'l change breed, but i will not have as many i dont think. But i would like other breeds before i get old. xxzbxx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Already old! Bit grey too. Sadly after Golden Retriever Amber passed away was dogless for short while then got pangs of something missing so researched dog breeds for ages till we found Japanese Spitz and here we are with three of them! Cannot have a breed which requires lots of exercise or will pull slightly on lead due to spinal problem, nice getting older! Cannot be dogless either so we have our three maybe silly having three but ......
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
My mum is 73 years old and has a Bearded Collie. She walks 2.5 hours a day and has already mentioned about what her next dog will be - a Spinone! She has just got over Colon Cancer and the chemotherapy but she never stopped walking Megan during that time. I really believe Megan helped her recovery. Just because you get older I don't believe you have to change your breed of dog unless of course it is physically impossible.

I will always have Basset Hounds - I love them.

Sarah x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2007, 09:09 AM
We`ve talked about this before, but we both cant see ourselves ever being without a Boxer, and the trouble is all the other breeds I would love to own , are bigger than Boxers

So maybe I will just take in some of the oldies needing a home.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
We`ve talked about this before, but we both cant see ourselves ever being without a Boxer, and the trouble is all the other breeds I would love to own , are bigger than Boxers

So maybe I will just take in some of the oldies needing a home.
Same here!

My OH loves Bernese, Danes, Newfies - all bigger than Boxers!

Might have to turn our home into a Boxer Retirement Home
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4