View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
cats that are entire compete for CC's and after they become Champions, they go on to compete for Grand Champion status. if the cat is neutered - and they mostly are, to preserve only the best for breeding - they compete for the neuter equivalent which would be for the title of Premier - then Grand Premier.
Now - if you have a Grand Champion then get it neutered, you can start all over again for the Premier title, so a young neutered, untitled cat may be competing against an older, recently neutered cat that is - or by now "was" - a Grand Champion!
HOWEVER - if you look at Champ show results and critiques for cat shows, you would be surprised just how many CCs/P?? (can't remember the premier version) are withheld. Cat show entries are small, similar to many breeds of dog in Ireland, so in order not to make anything "automatic" or a walkover, there is much more withholding if the animal does not possess sufficient merit, so you really cannot have one - the "easier" option - without the other - you don't necessarily get it by being the only one there.
By the way, I was told by an Australian exhibitor that you can get all your tickets under the same judge in Australia for dogs, so it's simply a case of following the favoured one around the Country - chequebook titles IMO!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well in my breed the owner not only went for the breed record for the size but also for the most CC's in poodles all sizes. As the rumour is that this dog is erm cosmetically enhanced but their owner is a member of the KC nothing seems to have been done about that!
Becky
She hasn't had a pair of fake boobs put on her dog has she!

:smt043
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
It's interesting we were talking about this at Richmond at the weekend and most of the people involved had many dogs with champion status. The general conscensus was they were more than happy to have another class and most of them agreed where there had been times where one dog held a lot of dogs back from gaining their title.
What was proposed is that champions have something to aim for like in other countries Australia etc. where champions compete to become grand champions. Once a dog has become a champion where does it go from there?
Well in the meantime I will continue to take my dog out, you either live with the faciness, the competition and hope your dog is good enough to get past it all, or you find something else to do. All I know is if I manage to get my boys title it will be because he's good enough. Hes' done more than I ever hoped for so anything else is a bonus.
I like the Grand Champ thing, that way everyone is happy!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post
But you can say that about anything! "Oh I think a dog with more than 3 first prizes should be in a class other than puppy or junior because my dog regularly gets second to it and deserves his Junior Warrent" If a dog is good enough it'll get made up - simple really.

I do agree that judges should be willing to withhold though - when you're stood in the ring and reading the words on those cards it really does bring it all into perspective - 'of such outstanding merit' really should mean just that.

Debs
Are these not already in place though to a point. As soon as you come out of junior, the classes work on a wins system, if you win so many classes you have to move up the classes. Then when your dog is a champion you have to go up to open. What is the point of this if not to stop certain dogs sitting in one class and winning all the time.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4