View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 05:14 PM
When this lad gets older and finds that in the real world no one will do his job for him so he finds ways to make `easy money` and eventually gets caught, will the mother do his prison time or community service for him as well ?

Or will she wring her hands and cry a lot while whimpering,
" but I don`t know where I went wrong, I did everything to make him happy ".

Might sound OTT but its realistic imo. If he ends up a `wrong `un `, she might be shocked about it but I don`t think many of us here will be
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
When this lad gets older and finds that in the real world no one will do his job for him so he finds ways to make `easy money` and eventually gets caught, will the mother do his prison time or community service for him as well ?

Or will she wring her hands and cry a lot while whimpering,
" but I don`t know where I went wrong, I did everything to make him happy ".

Might sound OTT but its realistic imo. If he ends up a `wrong `un `, she might be shocked about it but I don`t think many of us here will be
Ah, well on one of the few times he's been to school he's obviously already learnt to be a wrong 'un as my son and his friends say the police were called as he had stolen some stuff. He's at a different school to my son, but there are only two here and heavily linked so the kids all know what goes on in each others.

As for his Mum, whenever I've had to have words with her in the past she comes out with the phrase 'boys will be boys'..... like I said, I give up!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol! Yes "That Look"!!! I know it only too well, and I have perfected it myself now and use it on the dogs - they know what it means too!!!

That's right Jackie, we had to work for the extra if we wanted something special, mind you I had to work for everything at that age!! Not only did I have a morning paper-round, but I had an evening one too plus I worked Saturday's in the greengrocer's shop, and I remember I used to have to leave all my friends on the beach in the afternoons, whilst muggins here went off to do my paper-round It all paid off in the end though, I've never been afraid of hard work and the benefits that go with it too!
Yep, my first 'proper' job was in Burger King at the age of 15. Spent all summer working there and missing out on loads cause I was working nights and weekends. Was good for me though.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2007, 08:59 PM
ok had this with louis.....we did b.
the 1st time out mark helped his to get to know the round,streets etc but that was it.
he didnt like it i wasn't gonna do it, i didn't do it when i was a kid so i aint doing his.
plus we made him see the shop himself, i wasn't gonna do it for him.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post

I think you're spot on Patch.

This lad is on a hiding to nowhere. Hopefully his mum will see sense and sort him out, but somehow, I doubt it
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4