View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh I'm not gleeful far from it - just looking at things from another angle not saying the dog couldnt be stopped either but I can imagine the terror and the red mist falling if a dog had bit any part of my daughters body to the bone.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Ofcourse you would protect your child with what force you had to, as would I. But from the way I read the story sounds to me like the guy was "bragging" about how he beat the dog. Baseball bat was a little bit handy too, was there nothing easier to hand... or maybe that area you need one handy I dunno... Seems to me like someone jumping on a bandwagon, getting his name in the news... or at best over reacting.
My comments about blaming the dog are not specific to this case... I am simply pointing out that it's not the dog thats to blame, it's the bad owners. And your point about guns being illegal just backs up my case against licenses and stuff... because if I'm not mistaken, there are more people killed or injured by those, despite legislation.... than by "dangerous dogs"..
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:11 PM
As Dani said...The child was removed, the battering took place after she had gone indoors they didn't batter it to get it off her, she was already out of the way.

and repeteadly battering it till you watch it's head cave in is quite sick. One hit with a baseball bat would have probably knocked it more than senseless.

The police say they only took 14mins to arrive on the scene.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:22 PM
I wouldnt belive every word written within the press they like to sensationalize things just a bit anything anyone said would be like playing Chinese Whispers, a little bit always gets added onto the end.

Not saying it didnt happen, not saying it did I am just sitting here trying to imagine how I would react as a parent if I witnessed a dog attack on a child and could not get the dog off - I think the safety and well being of a child is paramount - more paramount than a dogs life ...Sorry but I do.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Just heard the news...Defra have no intention of banning Rotties, they say these were isolated incidents...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Oh I'm not gleeful far from it - just looking at things from another angle not saying the dog couldnt be stopped either but I can imagine the terror and the red mist falling if a dog had bit any part of my daughters body to the bone.
i didnt m,ean you were glleful - i meant that the people interviewed who battered the dogs brain in were almost gleeful in their comments
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Just heard the news...Defra have no intention of banning Rotties, they say these were isolated incidents...
Well thats about the best news I have heard today!
DAwn.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
OOOhh thats great news :smt026 :smt038 where did you hear it? just not wanting to get to happy if its some media eejit is :smt078 a load of rubbish
Was it Defra that said it?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
OOOhh thats great news :smt026 :smt038 where did you hear it? just not wanting to get to happy if its some media eejit is :smt078 a load of rubbish
Was it Defra that said it?
I was on the news tonight, a statement was read out from Dedfa...
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:01 PM
I feel sorry for the poor dog they did,nt have to kill it could,nt they have shut him in a shed or something till the police got there.I hope the little girl is ok does anyone know.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4