View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Have cream and dark green and neither have any scratch marks on them but both show 'dog coat grease' where they walk past and lean against the sides, but it is easy to clean with a leather cleaner and the claws, much to my surprise, make no impression at all. Have to say I have much more problem with a fabric one that has a removable cream cover and I am about to recover with a patterned dog proof material.
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2004, 09:07 AM
I have creaam leather.....2 seater and a 3 seater.....i keep throws on them so they are in good nick...any dirty marks just wiped off with damp cloth.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Okay this is totally off track here but I am considering moving the sofa from the lounge into the conservatory and getting a leather sofa/suite for the lounge anyone any tips. Somehow cream does not seem a sensible option with my two. So though Mocca (brown) any suggestions??

How does leather stand up to dog paws I figure it has to be easier to keep clean than fabric but does it hold smells etc.

Never had leather so need all the help and advice I can get.

Much appreciated, Karen
Hi Kazz,

We have always had a leather suite in our house along with wooden flooring and I can tell you it makes for a very easy life, we have two small two seaters in the livingroom and not a carpet in the whole house, just a mix of tiles and wooden flooring! We will forget about Cassys little episode with the sofa when she was a pup - the less said the better - apart from this generally I have found them to be very durable, easy to clean and certainly no smell like fabric sofas hold. Never had a problem with the claws even though my two are permanantley jumping up and down, one thing I do have on them though is a fleece blanket not over the whole couch but just on the part where you plonk your bum basically because of the dogs, it keeps it a bit nicer and we remove it when there are guests in.

We have a black one at the moment, but in the past have had cream and brown, I think next year we will probably get a new one, we try to get a new sofa every couple of years I will probably go for a brown one this time as I have seen some real nice ones around.

Laura
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2004, 11:03 AM
This is one i can answer

My leather sofa was bought nearly 12 years ago... at the cost of 3k and i can honestly say its stood the test of time, apart from 1 of the arms... frame inside slightly cracked (but thats what you get when a 16 stone male stands on the edge trying to get Christmas decorations down)

Anyway, it has had a 9 stone plus Bullmastiff use it as a bed and very very mad physcotic EBT sleep, run around on it, 2 kids jumping all over it and now of course Chester

It has a few scratches on it, but being nearly 12 years old, i couldn't have asked for a better sofa... and would go for another again with no hesistation, i reckon another 5 years we as a family could get out of it... unless we have the money to just go out and buy a newer one.

And its black, the only fault is that i have very rarely cleaned it with leather care... more like fairy liquid, and every few days with pledge... then just watch people slide of it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Sounds like leather is a "must have" and also that bull breed owners myself, Lel, Laura and Mitch all have good taste we are all going "brown leather"
pete
Almost a Veteran

22-11-2004, 09:50 PM
i cant take any credit for the brown leather that was the missus choice but the recliners was my choice ,the reason cody isnt allowed on our new one is our last leather one got ruined by my first staffy chaos he used to scratch it makin his bed on it .
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2004, 08:08 AM
I think i would possibly get a brown one next time, the reason is black does show up more dirt... like if accidently spill tea, coffee, or milk (thats the worst)
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Well I have a dark red one (think its called oxblood) and it takes a pounding from my 3 dogs and hasnt suffered at all.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I have a blue leather, it gets filthy with muddy foot prints but so easy to wipe down. With my old settee I was fed up of taking the covers off and washing them only to be in the same condition a couple of hours later.

Leathers so much easier.
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I have a burgandy (sp?) leather sofa and loveseat that my dogs have just killed and it's only 8 months old. I bought these two after two of them ate my custom-made sofa and loveseat that was also less than a year old.

Anyway, switched to the leather because of smell and thought that it would be so much more durable but now have many holes and tears to disprove that theory.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4