Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bagoratz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
*sigh*

Maybe it's just me - and no doubt i will be jumped upon - but it really appears that a lot of the dogweb members these days are acting like nothing more than profit making puppyfarmers themselves. *waits for the poop to hit the fan*

Sorry - but it's disgusting - and I don't like being a member of a community where such idiocy seems to take precidence.

There is GREAT need for those links that Azz posted - for they are how you learn and do research. And if you're not willingto research the breeding of dogs before you do it - then yes - you are very irresponsible. That goes for everyone who thinks it's as easy as 2 +2 = 4

grr.

xx
I think you need to clarify some of your comments - please explain what you mean by 'but it really appears that a lot of the dogweb members these days are acting like nothing more than profit making puppyfarmers themselves.' I personally find that quite offensive - I don't know about anyone else!

I stated that there was no need to post the links in context of the post I was responding too - I felt that paw paw was getting a bit of a hard time and she'd only posted for a bit of advice!

Please don't post implying that we're all clueless idiots - I haven't come acros s many puppy farmers or unscrupulous breeders lately who want to spend there time in a chat room devoted to the love of dogs!
aquajen9
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2006, 09:45 PM
If the dogs aren't mating, then there's obviously something not quite right.
IF you're breeding, you should have a mentor. If you choose not to have a mentor, then more fool you.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 09:53 PM
actually - i have come accross several puppy farmers on forums and chats like this one.

I don't think i need to clarify what i'm saying - there are a lot of people who'll agree with me for a start anyway - and who understand exactly what i mean.

HEAR HEAR JENNA!

xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 10:28 PM
no dogs should be forced to mate....... maybe its too late or too early.
if it is her 1st mating then you need to help both dogs in a controlled manner not forced.
i do hope all the homework has been done by both parties and the test results are postive before you consider having a litter.
have you got any homes lined up for any possible pups from the mating?
every breeder learns and have all had #1 litter at some point but it helps when you have the mentor/support in place if and when needed.
other than that i would wait and try a different stud next time.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry to sound harsh here but it sounded to me as if you hadn't really done enough research either, throwing 2 dogs together in the garden amd leaving them to it for four hours, doesn't sound very thought out to me.
Sorry
pawpaw
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi
didn't throw them in the garden we introduced the dogs and let the stud off lead, the stud owner was very hands on but my maiden bitch was very tight and I thought it wrong to force entry my choice. lack of experience I do not know just didn't want her screaming in terror, my only question for advice was how do I get a tight maiden bitch to accept, she wants to, the hussy but we are all in the dark, we will try a quiet room next time.

thanks for your help dog lovers didn't mean to upset anyone....
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi
Its best if you hold your bitch to keep her still and the stud dog owner needs to carefully guide her dog in, usually by also holding the bitch in the right position. She should already know how best to do this if she is experienced enough.
Your bitch might not be totally ready, they are all different.
Letting them run around in the garden for hours will just tire them both out, although I do agree they should have a little time for some introduction and a bit of fun

Mitch
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by pawpaw
What genuine breeders/mentors like you eraze? or should I say John Fisher wanna be? presa canario that are not even recognised!! performance dogs and we all know that ain't flyball. I have spent time and money on blood tests, bva hip score, a1 opti tests, just because I am novice don't think I am irrasponsible, send your links to 'profit only' puppy farms websites theres enough out there.I am not that desperate to use vasaline on my dog, maybe I will join an American forum might just get some real advice
Where did I ever say I bred Dogs? Or mentored others to do so?

I haven't - because I don't (or ever have).

If you sound as though you haven't got much of a clue about breeding then people will post links like the ones I did - they are helpful and certainly SHOULD be read by anyone considering breeding.

I'm sorry but the alarm bells are ringing - about a year ago you said you "haven't got a dog at the moment but I am researching a few breeds".... and now just a year later you are breeding? Hmmmm.

Not to mention that posting in this manner would be highly contentious (inexperienced person breeding without knowing the 'basics'?).

Bearing the above in mind, I'm locking this thread because I don't believe you are genuine. Obvioulsy time will tell if you are or not.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4