Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 07:03 PM
GM

thank you. I went to the opticians for new glasses and he was amazed how much my eyesight had improved, said the left eye was as good as a 16 year old. The pressure the hospital was worried about after the operation, and subsequent drops pressure went down to level 4 which is just as dangeous and it was high
This checkup today has shown a stablisation in both eyes that 4 has now gone up to 9 (no more drops in that one) and the other still having drops is 11. Both are well within normal acceptable limits.
Next check up is 3 months time which shows they are happy with the results.

Whatever happens with the DVLA test at least I won't be going blind, which believe me takes one hell of a worry off my mind

Moyra

I have done several field tests at the hospital already, as I have just said they test each eye individjually and I failed badly in the left one

What I understand is the brain compensates and adjusts vision. In my case I now no longer have to have glasses for distance work. This is what my optician had never seen before and could not really know why.

I have a theory, well I have to don't I?

When taking a photograph the lens has to be focused buy adjusting the lens from the sensor basically forward or backwards irrespective of focal length.

Same with the eye, correct the pressure between the back of the eye and the iris which alters the distance and the eye gets into a better if not perfect focus.

The optician is now looking up all about stents in the eye as I was his first client to go through his door so he could understand more about it. Oh this operation is fairly new in this country and only been approved in the last 3/4 years.

The operation itself I could not even feel and with a sheet over the face stopped me seeing anything with just the eye being worked on. Scarey yes at the thought but in reality no problem. Worse was the 3 weeks afterward wanting to rub the eye as it felt as if grit was in it. That was really hard to stop and took a lot of will power not todo so

Luckily will power I have in abundance having gone "cold turkey" after being a fairly heavy smoker for years. This took about 3/4 years to get out of my system.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Just caught a bit of countryside and they have a swaledale sheep called Brenda. that gave you all a laugh.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2016, 09:47 PM
LOL Brenda, I saw that. I think Michael is no more, poor Gail thats another one she's seen off
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I received this fabulous email from a dog owner that came to us for training
Bet that made you smile. I would print it off and keep it, makes all your hard work worthwhile.

Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
there is no way they can be mistaken for feral pigeons.
Given the mindset of the people who did this I doubt they would know the difference anyway and certainly wouldn't care. As suggested above take Fagin with you when you are next in the area and make sure he's hungry if you get my drift

Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
letter from dvla for driving sight test on 22 Nov.
Hope it goes well for you on the 22nd.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
my world is all pink and fluffy and nice!!
And why not, made me smile to read that. I completely agree with LG that one should never say 'never' I could tell you many a tale about people who have said "I'll never do this or that again" and guess what They did

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Just caught a bit of countryside and they have a swaledale sheep called Brenda.
With a name like that I bet it was a lovely sheep too
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Have a good evening all
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 10:15 PM
A very good evening to you too Harvey, may your wells never run dry and your camels never run off. As they say in the Sultanate of Oman. Hope the weather down there is a bit more to your liking tomorrow. It's very poor up here at the moment but still the show goes on! LOL !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 10:17 PM
nope, no more for me!!! Steve was meant to be my happy ending, I am not destined to have one..don't know why I thought it would work out, I mean I am not exactly lucky in life lol
Tumbleweed, I hope you pass the field vision test..as Moyra says just take a deep breath and do your best..I didn't like having to do it...I have perfect vision and I missed a few I think
Lol LG...you are welcome to come and join my pink and fluffy world lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 10:20 PM
TW...lol Gail should take out life insurance on her fellas instantly lol
Harvey, I am determined it is him or no one and I am going along the lines of no one
Brenda...I love that mahoosive family, they are so down to earth...lucky sheep being named after someone so fantastical as you!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Tablet having a hissy fit so I will say goodnight while I can
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Brenda - not surprised you're having Tablet problems - they're hard enough to work with fingers. It must be murder with those little black hooves!
Goodnight - pleasant dreams!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >