View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2016, 09:40 PM
TW checked the superlorin online, read one horrendous story about what happened to a dog which put me off. Also with Sammy being so small the effects could last for 2 years. Hope you can get the plumber to give you another sink.

Griff I'd had females before and always had them speyed. I regretted it with Lana as she was fear aggressive and became worse after speying. Sadly I hadn't known about the effects before or I wouldn't have had her done. Because of her I'm very wary of getting Sammy done. Glad the training went well

Thanks LG I think I'll go with what you said. People tell me their dogs character didn't change or else their dog was calmer and it would calm Sammy down but I actually like him how he is.

I'm probably going to cancel the appointment. When I made it I did wonder if I would actually go through with it and now that it's getting nearer the time I'm having more and more doubts. I would so hate to change him, he's a little sod at times but he's my little sod and perfect in my eyes. Maybe age and ongoing training will sort everything out otherwise I'll just work around it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Alun was here today especially to make a start on the cooker hood...........................there was also some sort of leak coming from the sink, it was damp on the top shelf of the cupboard. I was gobsmacked when I found out why...the new sink that I bought just over a year ago, has gone all pitted and there is water coming through the little holes.
Hi JUne, I was wondering do you really need a cooker hood We had one in our old house in Cetenov and it never got used. We have one here and 18 months on and we still haven't used it. When we renew the kitchen I shall try to persuade SWMBO to leave it out. Don't suppose I'll win 'tho

Sorry to read about the sink. I assume we're talking rust here For a years use that is really not right but like you say with no receipt and no way of contacting the guy who did the work you are up a creek without a paddle as they say.

Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Tradesmen and products alike seem a touch shoddy these days.
You do have to be so careful, trouble is that poor quality steel only becomes noticeable after about a year. I recall in the seventies it was well known that the steel FIAT cars used was poor quality, that's why they always rusted quicker than other makes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Our Vet phoned tonight to say that the results of the fluid in Casey's back leg had come back from the lab. They have found something nasty in it which the current anti-biotics won't remove so from tomorrow he will be on a different anti-biotic tablet. I do hope that works. He's still not eating very much and can't put any weight on the leg, so when he moves it's just hoping on three legs.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Oh no ,poor Casey...hoping the new antibiotics will work quickly
1cutedog, how well do you know your vet? And how much do you trust them? If you know them well and trust the advice given, have a chat with them about your concerns.
Right, shall bid you all good night, early start for me tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Oh poor Casey, hoping the new AB's sort it out. That is so sad he is still in pain, after such a rubbish life he deserves better.
I got the sink from Wickes, at the time I had just got through the kitchen ceiling saga when my water in the kitchen literally exploded and I was struggling to pay for everything.I had to buy the cheapest one I could that was going to do the job I wanted. It is going to have to be replaced, but Alun has at least given me a breathing space by putting the sealant on the outside of the bowl now. Looking at the Wickes site now there is one identical to mine, but twice the price, which makes me think that perhaps I'm not the only one this has happened to and they've changed the materials it is made of.
1cutedog, you only hear about the planes that crash. One of Mabs's brothers has had it, also my friends GSD young male, I also know of several adult males who have had it more than once and all are fine.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 10:44 PM
TW, do you know what, email Wickes and let them know the problem you have, if it is an issue they know about hopefully they will offer you a replacement or a reduced price on new sink, they were really good with our tiles, when one was broken (a whole box) they refunded the money and then sent us out a new box....no charge!!
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Poor Casey hope the new abs help and he's better soon.

Griff sadly I don't have a vet like yours. Round here they are all big concerns with what seems to be like hundreds of vets working for them and you never get to see the same one twice. Also heard some horror stories so sadly I don't really trust the vets. Wish I had a vet like you have

TW glad the sink is sorted now even if only temporarily. Glad to know the Superlorin has worked for other dogs and it probably works for thousands but what if it didn't work for my Sammy. If they only made smaller implants for smaller dogs it wouldn't be so bad but if it didn't work or caused some problems the effects last for about 2 years with small dogs so I don't want to take the risk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Its the fact that I have no receipt and no proof of purchase that is going to trip me up, nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say, and was already wondering about doing that myself, you have given me the push I needed.
Just spoken to Horatio's daddy and told him the excellent news about his boy's hip and elbow scores and he is really happy about it. My second generation down and things going along pretty well. Would have liked lower, but at the same time, there were some pretty horrendous scores in the background and he could quite easily have thrown back to that, so quite relieved that its been a decent outcome all in all.
LG hope the Mem got over there OK and all is as good as it can be in the circumstances. Weather's turned nasty tonight, and it will be worse in Wales, but I'm sure she's all warm and cosy in her new house.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Harvey - My thoughts and best wishes for a change in fortune for Casey hopefully a change of AB,s will have a satisfactory effect and he'll be back on form quickly.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2016, 11:31 PM
June - Mem landed safely in foreign parts - apparently MIL looks like a panda but will be OK given, time and rest.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >