Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Nice to see you, Gordon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Finally got myself sat down. Garage phoned to say the power steering fluid was a leak from the steering rack and he didn't even want to price one up, so his recomendation was to keep topping the power steering fluid up.
Everything else is done, the humming noise I can hear and the service 4 wheel drive display is due to a faulty switch, he has topped up the oil in the 4 wheel drive bit, but it is still on
Soooooo I went on ebay and looked for a steering rack and found someone doing recycled type ones for £155 and phoned garage and sent a link, found a breakers also with one and sent him that as well. Youngest son appeared to take me for car and then to help me with stuff for tip.
Picked car up and he is going to make sure these people have the right one for my car, and I told him to get this switch as well, am going to keep on his back because this humming noise is driving me nuts.
Came back, went to tip, I need to do one more trip next week and youngest son reckons we can take the dismantled kennel as well then, and I will have a good half of my back yard back then, at the moment its barricaded off because of all the bin liners of wet shavings and Keshi wanting to explore exactly whats in them and spreading it back all over the yard.
Need to read back on last night because was on the phone most of the time.
Back later.......
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Afternoon everyone
Hope everyone is well ,flipping eck you lot don't half make me laugh (in a good way )
Coffe assignations ,gsd love affairs ,Gordens wise granny with her clean undies Eileen with 101 jobs to get though
Don't know where the morning's gone as nothing to show for it
Oh dear oh dear oh not best pleased with himself ,Numpty was giving his jeep an oil change forgot to put the bung back in new oil running down the road ,flipping plonker ,
Anyone good at patching just spent ages putting patches on patches jackets only good for the rag bag dare I get rid of it NO ,won't make any difference he'll still look like a tattie boggle
Hope all poorly 2and 4legged get better soon
Chucking it with rain now glad the gang were walked earlier ,will only need a short walk later
Take care all stay safe xxxxxxxxx
Hugs to anyone who need them today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Afternoon June good news about son helping with the tip and getting the back yard back next week.
Not so good news about the steering rack.
Afternoon Norma. Your OH does make me laugh with his antics bet your tearing your hair out though.
Love that description tattie boggle and no I am useless at anything to do with sewing or knitting.

Had a nice soak and hair wash listening to my George Michael Patience cd. Treated myself to a glass of wine it goes off ever so quick you know if it hasn't got a cork.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 03:33 PM
No chance of wine going off here LYNN..the cork is barely out of it and its gone!!
I'd say I'm on job 70 of my 101 Some little minor adjustments,probably added up to 50
NORMA,you do get a good laugh on here,don't ya?Actually find it quite comforting...feel almost sane compared to some of the lunatics out there!! great bunch of peeps though
Stopped for a Nescafé..feeling posh today.Have ran out of cigs,so need to pop down to the shop That wasn't on my list,and will throw me way off schedule
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Tut tut ciggies not good for you leave it off the list and you can keep on course.
Talking of wine that reminds me Gorden didn't get round to doing the wine kit I might do it later or tomorrow.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Don't mind telling you lot,I'm among friends.I have a seriously sore butt Can they not make cycle seats a little more comfortable?....ouch
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Butt it'll be worth it Eileen or how about some padded nickers for next time lol
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Everybody seems in a good mood today. that's good.

I decided the other day to order a raincoat for Taff. I'm fed up of him getting soaking wet & taking absolutely ages to dry again. I didn't want anything padded - just a thin one. Anyway I measured him - 30in. Sent off for this lovely one. It came yesterday & It could have fit a horse it was so big Parcelled it up to send back again. This morning in town I had a look in the local pet shop. I could only find a 26in one there. So I asked the bloke has he any bigger ones - he found me a 28in. Bought that, tried it on at home & that's too big as well I ended up taking Taff down to town & to the shop to try the 26in one on. That's still a bit big on the strap round the middle. I noticed that the bit round the front had one of the press studs missing though. Pointed it out to the bloke & he knocked £2.50 off I'll have to get the sewing machine out & sew some Velcro on both the front strap & the tummy strap. So frustrating though that you can't get the correct sizing. It would probably have been easier to make one from an old jacket of mine ( if I had one )
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Butt it'll be worth it Eileen or how about some padded nickers for next time lol
very good Norma
You can buy padded exercise leggingy thingies Have been told that you do get used to it though...thank God for sudocrem
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »