register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I know Linda, and I started to explain all that, then thought hang on, I shouldn't have to justify her colour and explain that wolves are all different colours. That wishy washy colour he is after isn't my cup of tea anyway, if I did get any that colour it wouldn't be purposeful. Lona and Storm had 2 litters together and they were all (apart from the ink marks) identical, I never expected that at all, I couldn't tell some of them apart and they all had to have litter collars on. One of the boys lost his, so when I was taking half the litter at a time to the vets I took all the boys (as I thought) for vax and check up and when she came to check they had their little plums, she said this ones a girl, I said it can't be, and she said it is, I had picked one without a collar as I 'knew' that was a boy, in the meantime one of the girls had lost 'her' collar!!! I would rather have different colours personally, and I like the darker dogs, very often that pale colour denotes inbreeding, not all the time, but a lot of the time, because it is a popular colour and easy to sell, so thats what some breeders have done in the past to get that colouring.
Of course this guy is not aware of all this, all he can see is colour, and that is wrong, and I have told him if he tried to book a specific colour then I wouldn't have taken it anyway.
I do try to take people's preferences into consideration, of course I do, but to me their personality traits need to match the family circumstances, then if I have one with their preference that matches up then they will get what they would have liked. Not like I never explained this to them, they seem to be under the impression if they had visited me then things would have been different, but it wouldn't have been, apart from the fact they would still have left without one!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Besides if you look at wild wolves they are as varied as well, you get the grey/silver but you also get the darker colours so the guy is talking out of his hat. Load of nonsense.

We've had snow on and off all morning, the wind has really died down now though.

I've actually managed to get out of bed and I've got Brian's breakfast on. Contemplating something to eat but not sure what. Something light and small to get rid of the hungry feeling but not enough to make me feel sick. Perhaps some toast again.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Good morning fellow members are we all still standing..
Yesterday was horrendous with heavy rain and gales. I understand we may have snow here later today.

Enjoy your day everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Lorraine - I was sorry to see that you are still not feeling so well and wish you better. (((hugs)))

June - Pereg was a bit restless during what was left of the night by the time we had gotten to bed but with the amount of food she got through during the episode she had such a huge and solid tummy that I was not surprised. The problem with Psychomotors, as with her post-ictal behaviour, is that her brain tells her that she is ravenously hungry even though of course she is not, and giving her food is not giving in to tantrums it is desperately trying to calm her down.

Obviously with her being restless, plus needing to go out a couple of times, I did not get much sleep but that is par for the course and there is nothing I can do about it.

Mud? The earth and dirt mountain has mostly dried out [until the next rains] so she just brings in dried mud which ends up all over the carpet but which is removable with the carpet sweeper [which is on charge yet again], but I have kept the sheets and stuff over the couch and my recliner and have a pile of stuff ready for the next rains to put on the carpet.

Lynn - I still have not got anything out of the freezer for myself so will probably make some sort of pashtida, but all the pumpkin is now being open frozen [three trays in ThreeBees and one in the freezer section of my fridge/freezer] so that is sorted and I am now, at gone 1pm, just having my first coffee of the day!

Linda - I was so expecting a GM which could still happen any time, as you know so well, but maybe all that Valium helped avoid it? I was wondering whether I should tell Ram about the Psychomotor sz and the Valium but it probably is not necessary although I might put off her next Pb reduction [due Monday] for another week.

Those photos of Loki are absolutely gorgeous! He was such a cute puppy and is now such a stunning dog!

- Not sure who else, what else I have missed but hopefully I will catch up once I have caught my breath!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Morning Meg some of us still standing not sure about Eileen who is in Ireland I think they got it pretty bad. Hopefully we will hear from her later.
Malka that's a long time today to wait for coffee
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Morning all ( or it might be afternoon by the time this gets posted )
Coming back from the park this morning I very nearly got run over. I went to cross at the lights - waited till the green man came on - took three steps into the road & this idiot in a big car didn't stop. It was a little old woman who could hardly see over the steering wheel. She slammed her brakes on about 2 foot away from me. When I realised she wasn't going to stop I yanked Taffy back so hard his feet left the floor. So I'm stood on the pavement then screaming at this woman & pointing to the red light. She just mouthed ' sorry' at me through the window. If she had hit Taff she would have known about it I walked home shaking & my heart pounding.
I've been to town this morning & got a lovely piece of Rib for roasting for Christmas from the butchers. I thought I'd get it today before all the crowds descended on him.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Happy to announce that Lara Croft is now Tala, and her sister Dora The Explorer is Tanuka
Norfolk needs to be on Red Alert
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Ooh are they both going to Norfolk then?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Yes. She had already asked if she could have another one, but I didn't have one at the time, also was a bit worried about 2 litter siblings going together. However Lara (or should I say Tala now) is very different in status to Dora (or Tanuka as she now is) and I think it will work. They've got the most amazing place you've ever seen, their driveway would take my house and most of the row, electric gates, purpose built run etc. in the middle of nowhere and they know their stuff having had huskies, so I am happy for them to go together, not something I would do normally, but they are going to a fantastic knowledgeable home.
Rang her last night and told her what had happened and offered her Dora and she said they would think about it and talk it over, they met them both today and they said they wanted them both.
I did have someone else as well that was interested, but thought I would give them first shot of her. They have been taking piccies of them and adore them
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Brilliant news. It does sound as though they will both have an amazing life. Let's hope they keep in touch with you regarding photos & updates.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »