View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Morning Mini. I think Chloe has the right idea.
Morning June. Good luck at B&Q.
Padded cell Might need next week so can I can I reserve it please ?
Morning Moyra. What breed did you say Bertie is ?
Does he give his owner the run around or is he taking advantage of your good nature.
Pat I would whack a DVD on after all you are now committed for tomorrow. Enjoy today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've done my letter of objection to the Planners for my next door but one neighbour and he's well chuffed with that, so that's out of the way.
Heck missed all that please re-direct me to the appropriate post or give me a summary.

ETA:-
Ignore above request, have just read post 10 and all is now understood.

I am interested in any planning objections just in case we need to put one in 'tho I am really hoping that will never happen.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Bertie is a Lharso Apso. I think you are right TW as he doesn't do it with Steve. When Steve says move he moves.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Morning all.
It's lashing down here now. I was on the bus coming home when it started. If it carries on I don't think there will be walkies this afternoon. Ah well an excuse to put my feet up with a book.
Can't remember what everyone else is doing but good luck & enjoy yourselves. If you've not gone to B&Q yet TW they do some paint for kitchen cupboards that might do for your cabinets.
I only nipped down to the retail park to have a wander round the cheap shops - Poundstretchers, HomeBargains, B&M & Aldi. Came home with two bags of stuff I didn't know I needed - dont think any of them were over a £
I'd better start getting some work done now I suppose.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Morning Lynne. I hope it doesn't rain here just put some washing out.
It's amazing how you pop out for a wander or just one or two items and come home with bags of stuff.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Just had a phone call from EA dealing with the sale of the cottage. Our seller just received the papers our solicitor sent a couple of weeks ago with regard to his enquiries.
They will be sorting them this evening and posting the answers back to their solicitor.
So now we just need our buyers solicitor to sort out the contract they need Tom and Lisa to look at which is to do with us selling the property to them that the price written is the price we agreed to sell at and they agreed to buy at.
Ironic really that Tom and Lisa wanted the quick sale and are the ones at this time lagging with their solicitor. Me who didn't want to move have the solicitor that seems to be a whirlwind.
Michael did say the other day he was the best solicitor he worked with when an EA.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Just cancelled agility this afternoon too much risk of rain

Naughty Bertie is being a typical Lhasa Apso. You have to make him think coming in is very rewarding Good luck trying
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Afternoon Joedee. Good idea to stay in the dry and warm today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Joedee So that is typical of the breed then. I am glad I have learned that as I said that when I lose Amber that was the breed I was going to look at because of the size, methinks I shall certainly not be thinking about having one in future now. Are most small dogs like that? Bichon Fris was the other breed I used to consider having. Perhaps I shall have to go back to having cats but I really do prefer dogs.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Afternoon all those I missed earlier

Lynn, good news from your seller's solicitors then, now it's just down to your buyers getting their act together. Sounds like you've got a good conveyancing solicitor there then, but never forget, you are not the only ones he's dealing with (which I always thought I was lol!). It'll go smoothly I'm sure you won't have to search around again, it's so tiiiiiring isn't it especially when you get slapped around the face when you get there due to their camera shots!

Moyra, norty Bertie, I'm with June, I don't stand for any nonsense like that, he'd be shut out there until I got up if he played me up like that, but I'm a hard woman I rule with an iron rod, I don't take any prisoners in the dog world, always one step ahead is me, but in a nice way, I'd be looking out the window once I'd shut the back door lol!

Jenny, I honestly don't know, I have so many blooming rods in that fireplace with that first van that I'm just going to take it as it comes, they can take it or leave it, all of them, cos of course, I have 5 weeks booked already in that for next year, plus the long termers over the winter, but I'm sure I can sort everyone out so that they're happy along with myself of course.

June, oh well done on organising the sick bay, and don't forget the padding for the cell whilst you're in B&Q, we might need it soon for poor Lynn.

Hi Jen, glad you're still doing ok and stuffing yer face with jam do'nuts, wtg Jen No more falls now pleeeeease! I'm a fine one to talk, cos I opened the back door this morning to let Zena out, then I decided to put the recycling box against the door, but I managed to whack her with it in her hurry to get out there, and then as I pulled it back when I realised, I fell over backwards as I tripped over her!! Thankfully I grabbed the worktop which stopped me actually falling. If only Dave knew the things I "nearly" end up doing, he'd arrange a carer here for me during the week

Had a busy morning, cleaned the entire house, even the light fittings, the conservatory, the big windows, hoovered, polished, I'm cream crackered now. Had that neighbour ring me twice about my letter, I think it gives him a lot more confidence knowing he has my full support for when the planning officer arrives tomorrow. I've told him to get the other neighbour my side to do a letter similar to mine, cos that'll mean 3 of us objection which is always a good thing. You certainly can't go it alone, and 2 is good, but 3 objections will certainly make them sit up and attend I'm sure.

Just managed my first real meal, roast chicken with all the trimmings, but I did the portion control bit this time on a smaller plate, went down a treat, nothing left on it, Zena had the legs cos I don't like the drumsticks and there will definitely be NO pudding!!! Especially my usual chocolate ice cream, uh uh, NOOOOOO, I want to keep to the weight I am now. Can ya see me Pat???!!!

It's raining now, although it was a lovely sunny morning, and I love to hear the rain on the conservatory roof, especially when I've got the heating on low, I might even go and sit in there and do some sorting out of my files.

Zena still hasn't scratched today so it's definitely that ariel powder I'm going to have to get some Fairy for Zena's stuff I think I don't want another itchy dog thankyou, I had enough years with old Georgieboy, god rest his sweet soul.

I might ring a friend now, cos she's been in Mallorca for 2 weeks and I want her to know how much I suffered whilst she was over there enjoying herself

Catch you all later, hope you're enjoying your day without any stress.
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »