Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 10:19 AM
MORNING All,
A few hugs needed to day,
MANDY,my thoughts are with you and you're family(( hugs))
KH,sorry about your friend ((hugs))
TW,I know you have been through so much but hang in there,you are way stronger than you think.Don't let him win(( hugs))
MRS PAT,Good luck with George xx
NIPPY JENNY,bad enough having no teets....a bug too You poor girl, have lots of drinks and rest....hope you feel better soon (( hugs))
Hope I having missed anyone and you are all well...just give a few to LYNN (( hugs)) because she's CUDDLY!!
Have a great day,talk soon xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Fanx Norma, I just feel that every time I get up someone comes and knocks me down again. I've had loads of stuff happen to me this year and it is like a domino effect, this latest saga is only one of many, how much more am I expected to take. I am a strong person, I have had to be.
But there is a breaking point, and I am there teetering on the edge now. I want to give up, dig a hole, and bury myself. Sounds really silly it is a sunroof of all things that has been the final straw, and also the fact that it was meant as a lovely gesture, and it has all gone t!ts up.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Morning all (is it still morning )
Aww TW it only takes one more thing to finish you off doesnt it.Things will get better. (((Hugs)))
Poor Zena. Hope she is ok tomorrow. There is always something isn't there
Hope everything goes well at the cottage Lynn I'm sure it will.
Look after those sore legs Malka I don't think Pereg licks are recommended
I've made a start on getting this place decorated. We've got a 6ft bookcase full of books neither of us have looked at for ages. Mainly reference books - cookery, birds, photography, stuff like that so I've made about 10 trips up & down stairs taking a box full up emptying it - filling it with some more. Who needs reference books now with Google. I'll have to sort them out & get them to a charity shop. Pulled the bookcase out to clean behind it then started on a beaureo (sp) full of glasses & collectables. Took them up stairs along with OH's Army corner, photos, medals, trophys etc. cleaned behind the beaurou(sp)
There is still loads to do - will probably take me weeks. Course OH is out so it's up to me to do it. I told him yesterday it needs doing before the cold weather comes. The walls are going to need plastering in places or at least skimming so it's going to be a big job & it's two rooms knocked into one so will probably have to do it one room at a time.dreading it.
Ah well back to the grindstone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Really peed off now as just heard my washing machine cannot be repaired, apart from the fact it will cost too much 2 of the parts are obsolete now. The insurance is now cancelled by the insurance company as they can't get it repaired so at least I owe them nothing.

It will be at least 6-8 months after I have moved before I can afford another one and i suppose now i am going to have to pay someone to come and get this one out of my kitchen and dump it. Goodness knows how I am going to get washing done now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Its a nice day Taffsmum, not raining yet (thank goodness thinking of tarp over car) do all that when it rains, which is forecast for this afternoon.
I am getting the girls out, no use feeling sorry for myself, have had a good wallow this morning, strangely enough it hasn't sorted the sunroof out I have GOT to fight back, otherwise I will stay in that black hole I am busy digging for myself.
Pity I'm not nearer, I could drive you and the books to the charity shop in a car with an open sunroof
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Bev, have you looked on freecycle. You could put some of the stuff on it you can't take with you and ask for a washing machine, or there maybe someone on there offering one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Morning June. Oh dear about the sun roof. Maybe today in the daylight hours it will be easier to work out to get it closed.
I wished I live nearer to you I would come and help you with it. I can't so (((hugs))) and don't let him grind you down.
Could your friend who has lent you the car come and help you with it ?
I am trying to stay positive and think of all the good things.
Morning Eileen. Thank you for the (((hugs))).

our neighbour who has had to retire through being done the dirty on at the local hospital she has worked at for years long story and very complicated has just put their house on the market and has a first viewing today.
They are going to buy a static on a site near to here, I did have a look again but we decided against it due to the not so good reviews about living this way and the fact it still costs you monthly to rent the pitch. It wasn't for us and the guy who owns most of the sites near to here has a bad reputation for being a bully.
I hope our neighbour will be ok.
So our neighbour next door forced to sell to reduce their mortgage last year us having to sell and now our neighbour across the way. Gorden read last week it is the people in their 50's being hit the hardest with redundancy and needing to sell their homes or risk being homeless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Morning Lynne good luck with all the furniture moving and decorating sounds a big task.
Morning Bev sorry to hear about the verdict on the washing machine. Not good news.
June's idea of freecycle sounds a good one or what about renting they don't cost much more than the insurance you were paying.
June it is always the smallest of things that tips you over the edge after all the big things you seem to get over. You are right you stay strong but something eventually has to give we are all strong on here but sometimes it gets just beyond being able to cope.
Remember we are all here and we do a damn good job at picking each other up and moving each other from a disaster admittedly at the moment it seems quickly onto the next one.

Mahoosive (((hugs))) to all sounds like we all need some at the moment.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 10:52 AM
LYNN,sorry,meant to ask how Gill was.Is she feeling poorly after her last Chemo?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Bev, have you looked on freecycle. You could put some of the stuff on it you can't take with you and ask for a washing machine, or there maybe someone on there offering one.

I am a very regular user of freecycle or freegle as they call it now.
I have put loads of stuff on there recently as I have been clearing out and when my washing machine first went wrong put an ad on there for another one but have had no success apart from being offered one broken one and there has been nothing advertised on there either.
You should see my pile of washing
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »