View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:22 PM
*Throws arms around Nippy and sobs gratefully.............it's sooooooooooooooo eerily quiet in here, I have poured myself a large wine and am eating a doughnut. Not good

Thanks for asking, and it seems to be okay so tomorrow I will get up early (groan) and take him for a walk.

How is the gorgeous Pepsi?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I finished my Doughnut about an hour ago. Have you tried Sainsbury's raspberry jam doughnuts? 5 for 65p, they are delicious!

Glad Jimmi seems better, poor chap. Hope he enjoys his walk tomorrow.

Pepsi is worn out. she had her usual walk this morning, then hubby took me out this afternoon so we took Peps to a shady glen that looks out over the bay. It was gorgeous, sunny but cool. She met 3 other dogs and had a great time. Did me good too to go somewhere different and watch her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi old beanster, I'm here

I've had a lovely afternoon walk in the cool woods at around 4pm after nanny napping, then I went up to the van with Zena and stained all the garden furniture and it now looks fab! Zena was a good girl, the garden was all shady, so she was nice and cool, she ignored the dogs walking past going off for their evening walkies in the forest, and she met the blind springer next door through the fence and her tail was wagging profusely, I'm sure she realised he was blind. The neighbour was chatting away, and I told her I had to get on, so she came into the garden and played ball with Zena whilst I painted, well, stained. I then managed to flick the brush on a chair arm and it splattered my face, my hair and my white shorts

Jimmi's paw still not right then? I do hope it doesn't mean another vet trip Zena's got the vet tomorrow morning cos apparently we haven't seen him since January and I need more pills and they have a 6 month protocol, but I'm sure he'll be pleased with her all round health.

I've ironed all the washed curtains when I got home, had a shower, and Zena decided to wake up and start play bowing at me just when I wanted to relax and take a shower I made her scrambled eggs for supper, so she's now lying on the kitchen floor drooling waiting for it to cool down, so at least that'll keep her quiet.

The house has been painted front and side, and tomorrow he'll be back to do a 2nd coat and then job done.

I've arranged for the plasterer to come next week-end and render above the garage and then that can be painted along with the other side and all in all, I think we're getting there, just that bathroom and it's all finally finished, phew!

*chucks Sally a bar of dark choccie and flops down in a chair next to her*
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:37 PM
We don't have a local Sainsburys, but OH bought me this one from the baker in town. It was FULL of jam!!!

I am so glad that you had a lovely afternoon, and that you felt better for it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Jen, sounds like a lovely afternoon there overlooking the bay watching Pepsi playing

You've got me on a detergent campaign now with your recent thread! I've decided Daz is rubbish, Surf is also pants, and now I've bought a big box of Aerial so we'll see how that washes my bedding.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:44 PM
*grabs choccie and starts to suck on a square

H, I feel quite exhausted reading about your day.....you managed to pack quite a lot in there! That is so sweet about Zena being considerate with the blind dog, and I am sure you are right about her knowing that there was a problem.

Re the detergent debate......I always used to use powder, mostly aerial, until a washing machine repairer told me that powder can block up drains because it accumulates until it forms a hard plug. Not sure how true this is, but have never used it since!! I use the liquids, but haven't found one that is anywhere near decent yet AND those beastly dosing things you have to use have wrecked two of my summer tops Big holes in both of them, and they were fine when they went in the machine. Back to the drawing board
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Those "dosing" things, do you mean balls? I have never tried the liquid detergents but I don't think I'll bother now! The new Vanish I bought is a liquid (cos it was cheaper and I'm a cheapskate).

Shame about those tops of yours, you ought to complain, send them pictures and get them to pay for 2 new ones

I had a couple of spiked balls for the tumble dryer, but they annoyed me so much falling out of the cupboard, that I chucked them. They didn't do anything anyway

*casually leans over and nicks Sally's last choccie square* mm, mmm, mmmmmmmm
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Lol yes this detergent debacle is driving me nuts cos the Daz is so useless I might as well not bother.
The doser things have never caused me a problem. Can you put the liquid straight into the drawer like the powder?
I was also told by an engineer that powder clogs everything up.
The other thing is, I'm not sure these cool washes are all they are cracked up to be.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
They are sort of plastic half moon things, and you plonk the liquid in the middle (not the balls that they used to have)....the edges of the plastic are actually quite sharp. I tried putting the liquid in the dispensing drawer instead, but for some reason the water didn't take it all in Really annoy because nearly all of the liquids have them now.

Perhaps we should just go back to whacking the washing on a rock!

*glares at H for eating the last bit of choccie. I clinically NEEDED that
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Oi H leave the choc alone and eat one of these donuts before I have another
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >