Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Everyone now been out for a walk, shopping done. Sun is out of course, where was it this morning??? Got some more bedding plants from the butchers when I went for petmeat and will put those in once I've had a brew and done the girlies veg for tonight. I did really well last night, I had some grass seed for when it rained, and actually remembered to do it, bedding plants will go in asap because it is saying rain overnight and tomorrow morning.
Men are strange aren't they Pat? Thank goodness I am man free, I mean chemical burns in his mouth because of licking his (golf) balls
What did you buy in Dunelms besides Daves stuff Helena, because I know you will have done, you couldn't go in there and not get something for yourself, so spill.
Slap that hair dye on Lynn, then they'll be queueing round the block lol
TM, you are going to have a wonderful weekend, as he is away next weekend is there any chance of him just staying where he is
Hope the 2 males weren't badly injured and it was just wind and water, it tends to be the ladies who go for the jugular.
You know me too well June

Well, I did somefink very norty in there I wanted a big, drum lampshade in red cos we're going to have splashes of bright red in this new lounge, what with those Ikea boxes to go in the white cabinets. So I bought some big white flowers and a couple of red ones and some bright red furry bits for the big, white glass vase thing I got over in TKMax. That was all ok, so then I went off to the lighting section.

I saw the table lamp I wanted, BUT, it had this small black shade on, and right opposite there were these huuuuge, red, drum shades which were £9.99 each. I didn't want this naff,small black shade on the table lamp that I did want, sooooooo, what do ya think I did then????? When I got to the checkout with my bulging trolley, I quickly shoved this £24.99 table lamp at her with the ticket showing (just so that she didn't notice the £9.99 tag on the red shade I had proudly fixed onto it ) and she didn't!!!! Well, they owe me a lampshade when I buy a table lamp don't they, just that I didn't want the one they chose for it, I wanted this red one and now it's mine and it's sitting on the lamp table in the corner of the lounge and looks fab!

I'm too honest for me own good June!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 04:44 PM
ROFL

I knew it must be really BAD because you never mentioned it

Lets hope the MD of Dunelms hasn't started on Dogsey because you are such a good customer and they want to know your Weekly Best Buy - NOT your Weekly Norty Switch
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
ROFL

I knew it must be really BAD because you never mentioned itLets hope the MD of Dunelms hasn't started on Dogsey because you are such a good customer and they want to know your Weekly Best Buy - NOT your Weekly Norty Switch
See, I always let meself down somehow don't I!!!!

Yeah, let's hope he hasn't got a dog hey!!!!!! I'm sure it's not an imprisonable offence is it???? I do feel awful about it (honest! well a bit!!!) but I look at it this way, it CAME with a shade, just not the one I wanted, so I kind of helped meself there!!!!!! Anyway, if they catch me,. I will just plead insanity cos they'll only have to check out my posts on here won't they!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 04:54 PM
probably be deeply frowned upon if you had been found out, so fingers crossed you haven't starred on CCTV and they are tracing the car reg as we speak.......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
I had my head down, I was on the floor (obviously cos I was fitting a lampshade!) and the speed I whiz around in there I doubt they could have kept up with me with their camera's (I hope! ) With a bit of luck they were on their tea break anyway Not exactly the heist of the century is it ..... I'll get me coat then The white one with the big straps maybe????
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Oh stoppit pleeeease. I can't cope with the laughter this is causing.

Moyra glad to hear you have the greenhouse fixed. I had one till last year I got so fed up with the wind ripping through the covers I gave up.
Oh dear Pat your BIL and his balls sorry golf balls. I hope he isn't suffering too much.
Jenny you have been busy have a lovely weekend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Oh dear Jackie I hope you are all cleared up now.
I bet that was sight to watch in the ring.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2013, 05:54 PM
No Helena, the coat with the handcuffs as accessories
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I'm Freeeeeeee. Hubby has gone away for the weekend. some war weekend or something in Yorkshire. He's away till sometime on Sunday. He left at 1pm so I took Taff out & just called into a cheap warehouse place down the road for a tin of undercoat. I'm going to paint all the woodwork on the stairs & landing. Having a coffee first & then start to wash it all down first. I'll put the undercoat on later & the gloss tomorrow. The walls want doing as well, I'll probably do them next weekend when he's away again. It's less hassle doing it that way than when he's here.
After a horrible start weather wise it's brightened up now & is sunny & warm.
Have a good afternoon all of you.
Oooh how lovely having a hubby free weekend. My H-free weekend starts tomorrow until Sunday evening.

Helena - you've probably already logged off for the night but I noticed your laughing smilies and was going to ask what you'd bought!! Well I now know - next time you may be advised to take a stocking to put over your head Yes, we do/did have loads of storage what with the double garage and a massive barn ... the trouble is it is nearly all full Enjoy your weekend with Dave and I hope change-over runs smoothly tomorrow.

Jackbox - Its great to hear Millie has been more herself and leaving you a mess to clear up was very decent of her (not) Hearing about those two entire males having a scrap ..... my two for the first time ever had a real scrap as I was leaving to go shopping. One suffers from SA the other doesn't and my SA one was getting more and more frantic as I went to leave ............. sparks then flew. I have to admit I bellowed at them so loud that they both almost fell over. Tomorrow I will keep coming and going all day to try and help poor Rucksack calm down a bit.

Pat - Your B-in-L liking the grass off his balls and getting chemical burns is (funny) horrendous He certainly sounds like a total liability to leave - I wonder what it will be next time. Enjoy the rest of your sister's visit.

June - I've just looked at the 10 day weather forecast and for us in the SE (if we can believe it) we have forecast three nights next week where the temperature will be 1 degree, then -1 and then 2!!! So beware of putting bedding plants out Just to cheer everyone up it also forecast rain showers for 7 out of the next 10 days

Off to cook steak and chips for tonight ........... yes, I know its hardly diet food but needs must.

See you all later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Good heavens it seems there is a crook amongst us! I'll make sure to watch the news tonight just in case they show CCTV footage of a woman racing around Dunelms, head lowered, swapping price tags! Don't worry, I won't call in and identify you.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >