Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Boxacrazy View Post
Not at all Kris Glover, she's really lovely (as are all the team) and most importantly she listened and went through all of our boys history (vets history and all information that we could give her - as our boy was returned to us at approx. 4 years old, he was bred by me).

We are progressing and we feel happy and most importantly our boy is not as stressed using her methods and advice. In her professional opinion we have one very frustrated dog. We know it's not going to be a quick fix to sort or improve the behaviours, but we are having improvement and we are happy to take things at the pace he feels happiest with.

We now have a much more relaxed boy at home
and we are working on the outside world
Basically we are reaping the rewards but you also have to be prepared to put the work in and to realise if you can't put the work in you won't necessarily get the results you want. (If we didn't have to work and could be home 24/7 we could get results much quicker)
That's fantastic! Sounds like you are making great progress and Kris is obviously really well qualified.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I particularly like this page on her website!

http://www.petsinpractise.co.uk/dog-...r-and-training
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2013, 03:21 PM
We're using Kris Glover too! She is really lovely, definitely knows her stuff and was the first person we saw who seemed to talk sense! We knew our little Pip was more anxious than dominant!

Sorry lots of exclamation marks there, but she deserves them!
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
AND she was the first person to notice Pippa had pain in her back despite numerous vet trips. Pippa is now having hydrotherapy and physio treatment.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jacsicle View Post
We're using Kris Glover too! She is really lovely, definitely knows her stuff and was the first person we saw who seemed to talk sense! We knew our little Pip was more anxious than dominant!

Sorry lots of exclamation marks there, but she deserves them!
Yes would happily recommend Kris to anyone that needs a behaviourist's help. She really does know her stuff.
Plus most importantly all the dogs love her

Was ever so relieved to find Kris as was anxious that
we needed to find the right person and had looked at many behaviourists websites and didn't get the right 'vibe' from them. Plus know that it's so easy to get wrong advice and make situations worse. We were lucky in that one of the talks that Kris does was coming up, so we booked on that and felt confident from attending the talk that Kris was the one we needed to work with to help our boy.

Just so lucky that she lives quite near to us
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Small world. Nicole, one of her colleagues, who is also spot on, came to me. I chose her because her profile said she had done some of her training with Gwen bailey.

I wasn't having problems as such, I just didn't have the confidence to begin clicker training. I had read up on it and was keen to start but didn't want to mess up any training I had already done.

After that, I went to one of their seminars in Reading.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Hi I find that working at a slower pace has helped,at first I put this timetable up,but in the end realised that I couldnt achieve even the basic lead work,so just do everything very low key and though it is very slow,we are gradually getting there.Gemini54
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2013, 04:15 PM
You may have already decided which course to take, but I would think twice about taking a course with Sarah Whitehead, I did a 6 week straight forward training course with her & I was not impressed.

Hope you find a course you like.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4