Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Afternoon all

To say I'm pleased with those plasterers is an understatement No mess, no noise (they didn't even chat to one another in there, let alone have the radio blaring), quiet, polite and most of all, they have done the most peeeeeerfick job. If they could only have done it a bit cheaper that would have been the icing on the cake, but you get what you pay for and the price was high in our estimations but at least it doesn't have to be done again because of bad workmanship.

Here's the lounge now.....

and they've done a superb job on the arch which was all wibbly wobbly before, but I suppose that's the Spanish bit lol!

Now I'm sat sitting here waiting for the plumber to come back to fix that radiator pipe properly that was leaking, then my work for today is done. I've been and paid for the new lounge carpet, but it's going to take 2 weeks to order it in cos it's out of stock but that should tie in nicely.

Don't know about the fence yet, so I'll drive up there first thing in the morning and see if it's up like they promised.

Jenny, what a lovely visit to your mum today. Yes I know they talk a load of b*llocks when they get like this, but at least she's still happy and that's all you can wish for.xxx

June, glad you had 2 lovely walks (apart from the Husky) and got some training in. Keshi sounds a right little star, you might end up doing a lot with her?

Lynn, glad they got the big dresser downstairs without your help, and I too saw a bea yesterday and today, big beas at that, does that mean something good then?? Warmer weather perhaps??? Hope so! It's freezing again darn sarf and no sun either.

Plumber will be here in a mo, so better get Zena sorted out. I wonder how much dosh he's gonna want out of my little pot of cash Dave left me, cos we didn't pay him the other night

At least the major expense is now done with, apart from the painting of the lounge and the bathroom when we get around to it, but hopefully, if I save hard enough we can start that soon, before Dave gets so fed up at his workshop that he shuts the door and walks away. Then I'll be in trouble won't I!!!!

Catch you all later then when I've dealt with this plumber.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
That looks like brilliant plastering to me - well done those guys!

Fingers crossed that the fencing has been done at the van...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Certainly looking good now H
OMG Tang that about the rent being late would drive me nuts. Wants to keep up with the Joneses but doesn't want pay for it.

Pepsi hasn't been sick today ..... yet!
I have changed her back to fish. I had stopped it because it made her breath smell. She has been having chicken but has been sick since so we are back to fish tonight, we will see what happens.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Well picked up the car, got 250 to pay plus the car tax. Thank goodness the garage have said I can pay at the end of the month.
Oooh errr ouch Hopefully it will run beautifully now and you'll have a year of no more expense.

Jenny - Rucksack is intolerant of chicken and only thrives on fish. Good luck that she'll be fine tonight.

Helena - Looking great!! All this work .... are you moving .. only kidding Hopefully the fencing has been done - I wouldn't like to be there if it hasn't been done.

I hope you all have a good evening. Not sure if I'll get back on tonight due to my brother being here - if not see you tomorrow.

I hope Millie is OK.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
That looks like brilliant plastering to me - well done those guys!

Fingers crossed that the fencing has been done at the van...
Thanks grandma, yes, nice to see some proper workmen in this house doing a proper job isn't it (along with Dave of course, cos he's the best!!!). I daren't think about the van, but I'm really hoping it's been done.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Certainly looking good now H
OMG Tang that about the rent being late would drive me nuts. Wants to keep up with the Joneses but doesn't want pay for it.

Pepsi hasn't been sick today ..... yet!
I have changed her back to fish. I had stopped it because it made her breath smell. She has been having chicken but has been sick since so we are back to fish tonight, we will see what happens.
Thank goodness Pepsi hasn't been sick again today, and let's hope the fish does the trick now instead of the chicken. You'll just have to grin and bear the smell on her breath, but I get that when Zena's eaten a fish stick!!!

Plumber's still here, BUT, we have been putting the world to rights a bit I'm leaving him alone now to get on with the job he came here to do, and Zena is quite happy in the bedroom, blimey, she's even eaten her dinner which is unbelievable when I've got a strange man in the house! Maybe she likes this one though

I still don't know how much though, and that's the worry, cos there's not much left and he's definitely a cash man cos he works for another firm. Oh dear, nothing left for Dunelms tomorrow then
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 05:33 PM
We still haven't seen Jackie have we? I hope Millie is alright.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
We still haven't seen Jackie have we? I hope Millie is alright.
Jackie posted earlier.

Millie.........
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Jackie posted earlier.

Millie.........
Thanks Malka, I totally missed the thread
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Anybody fancy a slice of Banana Loaf??? I bought a bag of 10 bananas for 19p in Morrisons this morning & then decided I wouldnt be able to eat them all myself before they went off Anyway I made a cake with some of them - very nice it is too

We have been talking (arguing) about Holidays today. We didnt have any last year - partly due to the weather & partly due to OH saying he cant/wont walk very far when we get there so I end up not being able to go very far either & get frustrated If I want to go out for a long walk he sulks if he has to stop in by himself - you expect me to stay in a strange house where I dont know anybody & have nothing to do by myself Plus he wont drive very far now either so it limits holidays to Wales / Lakes ect. Anyway BIL & Sister told him they had booked two coach holidays this morning - they have about 7 a year including long weekends. OH says Its alright for them they've no dog to think about. I said we can still go away in Cottages or even a coach holiday & put Taff in Kennels but he's never wanted to put him in kennels. I said we can try him & have a cottage holiday later in the year so we've been looking at a local coach firm. Even that has caused arguments - where do you want to go? There is nothing around there!! but its up to you - what about this one? :You decide & when I do he puts obstacles in the way Plus I have to try & arrange them round his weekends away with his mate to war weekends & days out he's arranged I dont think its worth the trouble

The lounge is looking good Helena. Hope the plumber has gone by now
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Evening all.

H that plastering job looks superb, and yes you definitely get what you pay for. I do hope that the fence is up tomorrow because it's so frustrating waiting for final details to be ironed out, especially when it affects your trade.

Jenny, your mother sounds to be in really good spirits which is such good news -sometimes I wish that my father had the same condition, because I feel so sorry for him in that nursing home, good though it is. He does try hard to move on and accept life as it has to be now, but I know that he is very miserable indeed and wishes that he had just gone quickly.

Lynn, it sounds as if you might be on the home straight at long last with that paw -fingers crossed that you only have a couple more days or so of sofa sleeping.

Nippy, it does sound as if the chicken might have been the cause of the problem with Pepsi. I will be interested to hear if her fish dinner does the trick. Tell her that Jimmi can only have fish and potato (plus the odd veg and banana) so she is in good company Actually, tonight he had a whole banana because the little so and so kept finding, and spitting out his AB tablet A good ruse for ensuring more banana I suppose.

Malka, you definitely need some sort of arrangement up the other end of the bungalow for Pereg. Hmmm, I suppose an indoor garden is out of the question

Forgotten now what everyone else said.

Warmer here today, but very grey.

Taffsmum......you posted same time as I was writing; that loaf looks rather yummy!!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >