07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
jenny.g your throwaway lines and comments about your OH have me in stitches
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
I'm a bit late but Happy Birthday Bev.

Helena please don't talk about your Dave being fried in one breath & K-Fried-chicken in the next! If you ever want to hire him out for his DIY skills send him my way please.

I also realised after x years how much I detest that 4 letter word (IRON) after tackling 2 pairs of trousers for my OH. I'd rather do 2 hours of poo picking than stand there doing shirts trousers etc. I, of course, don't possess a single item of clothing that needs i*****g.

Just to add to my grumpy mood I discovered a bit of our fencing had been removed by a 'service' company leaving my doggies at risk of getting on the road. I was livid and made several angry phone calls (which I rather enjoyed) and the fence will apparently be reinstated tonight - yes Sunday! It's not the end of it I will be raising hell with them tomorrow as well.

With all these shenanigans I'm glad to have a box of wine in and not a bottle
Evening Twix. My word fancy removing fencing and not letting you know. I hope they do get it back up tonight.
Enjoy that box of wine you have earnt it.

Evening Jenny you can always hang around with us.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Lynn and Pat - I intend to hang around here as the Moto GP has now ended and oh whoopy doo, he is now watching a programme on BBC4 on motor sport

Pat - we've been married for 30 years this year ..... I'm hoping for an award
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2013, 08:36 PM
LOL Jenny NONE of my TWO marriages and several long term relationships have lasted 30 years IN TOTAL I definitely think you should be up for some sort of award, I mean there's people committed heinous crimes and not got that long, they are often out in 10 years or so
Had my friend on who has Kaya and lost Luca recently, first time I've spoken to her on the phone.
She is wanting a male from Lona's litter.....I can't believe this...I keep telling people I'm not even sure there ARE actually puppies there yet...I now have 4 people waiting for one!!!
She's sent me some stunning piccies over and here is one of them

She's done a fantastic job with her
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I was going to make that joke - about could have murdered him and been out 20 yrs ago by now lol!

I've racked up 20+ yrs doing time. I was much older then - I'm much younger this past 13 yrs or so since I haven't been buried (err... I mean married)

Great dog piccie.

*don't want jenny.g to leave her OH as I really enjoy her anecdotes about him lol!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Evening all, and a special sympathy vote for you Jenny - mind you, I would rather watch motor sport than the Indian cricket that my Oh has discovered to be on almost twenty four hours a day

A very very happy birthday to you Bev!!

H, I went quite cold when reading about Dave and his shock, it just shows how things can go horribly wrong in the blink of an eye and he was soooo lucky by all accounts. I used to have the horrors when OH started putting up new light fittings etc in the old house (old in more ways than one), and also when he went up a very high ladder indeed to paint the flashing boards etc. I would go out to do the shopping or something, and all the while would have terrible images of him falling off the ladder onto the concrete below, or having a massive electric shock!! These days of course it's illegal to fiddle with electrics unless you are qualified, but back then any old husband could have a go. Thankfully he's too fat and creaky to go up ladders now, and in any case we live in a bungalow!!

Lynn, with luck Dillon will be better when those stitches come out - all this constant vigilance will definitely pay off you know; just keep telling yourself that if he has a go at the wound, you will be right back to where you started. It's so exhausting though isn't it. Do you have a strip of velcro available? If so, wrap it very tightly around the "ankle", between the foot and the dew claw - it's easy to remove, but might just stop the sock falling off.

Chris, that is such encouraging news about Gary.

Harvey, I too would go down the tea and sympathy route. Poor girl though. When one of my chickens went broody people always told me to put it in a basket suspended from a tree, the theory being that the cold air circulating would cool down the hot breast patch and stop the broodiness. Never could have brought myself to do that, and used to beg some fertile eggs from neighbouring farmers for it to sit on...........hmmmmm, perhaps you could "borrow" a pup or two from somewhere??!

The sun never really came out here today, but at least it was a tiny bit warmer.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Thirty years? Pah..........I have done a 33 year stint with my OH I sort of reason that there is no point changing him for another model, cos they are all the flipping same.

TW there better had be pups in that dog, or some people are going to be dreadfully disappointed!!! A litter of 8 or so might be useful tell her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I'll make the appointment for a scan for a week tomorrow, she'll be just over 5 weeks then, so if there is anything nestled in there it will show up.
I had told Kaya's mum about them, and with what had happened with Luca it was my intention to offer her one anyway, but how the other 3 have found out I have no real idea I never advertise them until I have a scan to show people, it is bizarre.
A litter of 6 will do me fine. They will be a lot cheaper than normal because they aren't pure Utonagan, but will have all the usual eye screen, vet check, vax, microchip etc. They are a completely unique one off litter that will never happen again, and I suppose that is why I am already getting calls about them
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I would be comforting to her and let her know I loved her and give her tea and sympathy, at the same time I would be taking her out and trying not to let her focus on something, which lets face it, is just not going to happen, if it does then she will make your fortunes
When mine are preggers they have exactly the same routine of walks, going to training etc. right up till the last 10 days or so, depending on how big they are. When Lona dispersed 12 babies all over the kitchen I understood then WHY there had been quite such a lot of her for about the final 2 weeks. Even then they go small walks round the block 3 or 4 times a day, so give her a structured routine. From what I know about phantoms if you take their 'nest' and 'babies' off them they get very anxious and destructive and that defeats the object really, be nice but not over the top nice and keep it practical. Not sure if hormone tablets would be of any use at all??? I am wondering if I am going to hit this with Cariad when her next season would be due, and also Lona once she is spayed. I don't have any experience whatsoever with spayed females at all, so a very steep learning curve for me
Thanks for your advice. Based on our experience you might find Cariad suffers from it and Lorna doesn't, or vice versa Over here I don't think our vets would prescribe hormone tablets anyway as they tend to expect dogs (and humans) to just grin and bear it, whatever the medical condition, broken bones and such like they are good on, but anything mental / hormonal they don't think of as an illness
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 09:26 PM
June, that photo of Kaya is stunning - is she a Utonagan? Unusual marking but stunning. Wow, another person wanting one of your puppies ...... how exciting Will you keep another female pup?

My OH said years ago that he could have murdered me and be out by now and a free man ..... but I do remind him that he wouldn't have my undivided attention and love June were brave to get a second edition If I outlive my OH (unlikely) I certainly wouldn't want another one. Can you imagine marrying again at our sort of age knowing that you could spend years nursing him through old age

Sally - CONGRATULATIONS on your 33 years of wedded bliss. My theory is best the devil your know ...... and I'm lucky enough not to have to work so it's not all bad.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >