View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 01:51 AM
To be honest I am not on the forum a huge lot lately so Im really did not connect you with Brownie or Jade for that matter. I did read your recent posts about the puppy & cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfromga
Hi, people! I'm going to get rid of Jade ASAP! You guys must have mistaken me to leave her like this. I won't allow my mother to treat her like this, and I know I can't truly care for her either. I understand how everyone feels, and I feel the same way. Both I, and my mother have failed her 100%

What struck me when I read your post was your talking about 'getting rid" of Jade - animal lovers don't talk about "getting rid" of animals they have kept as pets. How sad
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Jade being neglected is just as bad as being physically and emotionally abused.

Your intentions were short lived and you seemed bothered be the hard work Jade needed to rectify the horrible life she's led.

I can never understand a person like you and your lack of compassion. You think you love Jade yet she is left in a kennel living in absolute filth. You even mentioned that you never go back there not that you have Nigredo.

If you want to do Jade any good, get her the hell out of your property into a place where she can be rehabilitated and truly loved.
You are just relentless, aren't you? I find myself constantly repeating things because people do more judging than they do reading. What a surprise!

I have already talked to a local no kill shelter that said they may be able to take her, they are going to meet with both my mother and her and discuss a few things. There are NOT many of them around and and most of them don't TOUCH really aggressive dogs.

Like I said, if you think it's mega easy to get the dog to a "place where she can be rehabilitated" you must live in paradise... oh look - I repeated myself again. As if I'd have the dog put down if I could just as easily do that! Psshh- get the hell out of here with that!

I, of course was bothered by her behavior. I am a human and I think it's natural to be bothered by things you're struggling with. My old dog Brownie had a few behavioral problems crop up as he aged, which also bothered me. Nigredo has puppy issues, which bother me.

Does something bothering me mean I'm going to always give up? NO, it doesn't. What does "bothering" really mean to you? Obviously not the same thing it means to me. I'm going to do everything in my power to save this dog, and I think that's the best I can do.

Also, where I come from... physical abuse is worse than neglect. The dog is deprived of attention, clean living quarters, and fresh water... but I went and saw her today and she's still a happy, strong dog when someone decides to care enough to see her. Dogs don't seem to care as much about cleanliness as we do.

She does not care that her cage is filthy, she does not care that her dog house has dirt in it. What she really cares about is that nobody will play with her. That her family acts like she isn't there. That she can hear her family right inside the house, but that they will never come to see her other than to feed her or take her into the garage. THAT is what she cares about and THAT is why she seemed mega happy when I went out there.

A skinny, emaciated, beaten and battered, sick and constantly in pain dog HAS to be worse off than a dog like Jade. Healthy, vibrant, and extremely happy when someone decides to go play with her. I'm sure if her living quarters were perfectly clean and she got regular walks etc. people would still be angry that she was kept outside and not allowed indoors.

Dogs are NOT people and every dog I've owned liked being outside WAY more than being inside, why they get so happy when it's walkies time. It's wrong to neglect the dog like this, but I really think you're out of line and blowing this WAY out of proportion.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
To be honest I am not on the forum a huge lot lately so Im really did not connect you with Brownie or Jade for that matter. I did read your recent posts about the puppy & cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfromga
Hi, people! I'm going to get rid of Jade ASAP! You guys must have mistaken me to leave her like this. I won't allow my mother to treat her like this, and I know I can't truly care for her either. I understand how everyone feels, and I feel the same way. Both I, and my mother have failed her 100%

What struck me when I read your post was your talking about 'getting rid" of Jade - animal lovers don't talk about "getting rid" of animals they have kept as pets. How sad
It's a statement. Animals are property by law and the same as we refer to ourselves as "owners" of living creatures, and how we buy and sell these animals and use them as money making tools and commodities, is the same way I said "getting rid" of the dog. It was as meaningless to me as calling myself a dog owner, instead of say... a "pet parent" or something. It wasn't harsh, or mean in my eyes and it certainly has nothing to do with my love, or lack thereof for animals... as described above. But you are free to feel however you like, of course.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2013, 06:09 AM
This site is for dog-lovers, to think that a person such as yourself would participate in this forum and then blithely do what you are doing (or even allowing) to Jade is nothing short of wicked.

If you wish to redeem yourself your next post shouldn't be about ridding yourself of Jade it should be about your plans to rehabilitate Jade - 2/3rds of your day should be spent with her, as I said before - playing, exercise and grooming.

Oh hang on - of course you won't because you've got a new puppy now, of course she'll be the centre of your attention until she does something wrong and then she'll end up in the yard.

What goes around comes around.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hi, people! I'm going to get rid of Jade ASAP!
Words fail me!!
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2013, 06:48 AM
You can still LOVE her and look after her, train her, walk her, ect just because she lives outside doesn't mean anything she can still live a full happy life
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Your frequent use of the phrase 'get rid of' in relation to this poor dog says it all for me. I've no more to say about this as I get upset even THINKING about poor Jade. To be quite blunt I can't see where you fit into a site populated by animal lovers. If you'd learned anything by being on here it would be a different matter. But you haven't - you just get worse.

One of the first posts I read by you concerned how you were giving YOUR dog better food than your mother was giving Jade and how Jade was being a nuisance trying to get to YOUR dog's food. I felt so sorry for her then and said so but that's nothing compared with how sorry I feel for the poor wretched dog now.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Well it seems to me Jade has fulfilled the role you created for her - as a comforter after you lost Brownie and discarded when you got Nigredo.

I would rather be homeless and sleeping on the streets than allow a dog that I owned lived in the conditions that Jade is being forced to live in.

I don't feel any sympathy for you and I certainly do not believe you are a dog lover. You didn't have the courage to euthanize Jade after her attack on your mother and left her to a far worse fate.

You could if you were so inclined, visit Jade 2 or 3 times per day, walk her, play with her and exercise her - you've chosen not to and instead have focussed all your affection on your new dog.

I have never felt so distressed by a so-called "lover of dogs" story. I hope you feel sufficiently ashamed of yourself.
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

People have woken up to this poster...I agree with the above, could`nt have put it better myself.

You took Jade on when you lost Brownie as you own dog, you kept up the daily report of her progress, then when it become to much for you, you sent her back to the living hell of a life you rescued her from, refusing to do the right thing and by her, (that`s what an animal lover would do )....who in hell would send a dog back to such horrendous living quarters

I am sorry, but you should be ashamed of yourself, and for my part you have just confirmed everything I suspected .

Redeem yourself and take the poor bloody dog and release her from this hell, after all you say you care about her!!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
This site is for dog-lovers, to think that a person such as yourself would participate in this forum and then blithely do what you are doing (or even allowing) to Jade is nothing short of wicked.

If you wish to redeem yourself your next post shouldn't be about ridding yourself of Jade it should be about your plans to rehabilitate Jade - 2/3rds of your day should be spent with her, as I said before - playing, exercise and grooming.

Oh hang on - of course you won't because you've got a new puppy now, of course she'll be the centre of your attention until she does something wrong and then she'll end up in the yard.

What goes around comes around.
I don't need to "redeem" or validate myself to you, or anybody else on this site. I do love dogs, and I'll have a dog always for the rest of my life as long as I can afford one. I realize I can't handle two dogs, and I also realize I'm not competent enough to rehabilitate a dog.

I raise my dogs from puppies, and much like Brownie did... Nigredo is going to have a long, happy life with me. Also, he's a male dog, not female.

He will NEVER become a yard dog because I don't treat MY dogs like that. He will NEVER become aggressive enough to bite his own family, or bite harmless children or animals. He is my baby and I'm going to take good care of him.

I didn't raise Jade and I had no real contact with her because when my mom "rescued" her, she would not allow two house dogs and I was school age. She also didn't want Brownie around her because neither of them were altered and she thought they'd mate.

She didn't even really let me around Jade much, she always said "You've got your own dog". I got first REAL contact with her when she was over 7 years old. It was when I brought her around Brownie in the house because I felt bad for her and despite my mother's wishes... I did it anyway.

I'm NOT a terrible person and I've gone through a lot lately with the passing of Brownie and all that's happened. I truly don't believe I deserve what people are saying to me, but of course this is a public site and people are going to say what they feel.

I want to help Jade, but I admit that I'm not competent enough to be able to undo years of no training and acquired terrible behaviors. I also don't have tons of money to spend on professionals that may not even be able to help her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2013, 08:00 AM
mjfromga your throwing out excuse after excuse, if you had loved that dog , you would NEVER have allowed her to go back to the life you took her from. you had the chance to do something about it, by releasing her from the misery she was going to have to live , you snatched her from a life of hell, they threw her back to it when things got tough...then within a blink of an eye you have a new dog, and poor Jade is given no thought, as you said yourself........... you have Nigredo now

To be honest I don`t believe you cleaned her cage , you might now, so you can do another video and show what a good dog lover you are, but hey... call my cynical, I don`t think you will do anything about Jades life, you never have before , so why now, you used her as a comfort blanket when you lost Brownie, then disposed of it when you got your new dog.

Do something right for a change and put your money where your mouth is
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »