register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Linda was walking to the river with Lona, Blaidd and Cariad a couple of years ago when all of a sudden this dog came right through the fence at Cariad It is always having a go when it sees us, but never even thought it would do that, only a collie type so not very big either. It leapt on her back, Lona and Blaidd are on my left hand side, both sat and peered round me to see what would happen next...bloke comes charging out and grabbed his dog by its back legs and tried to pull her off, next minute Cariad is on top of it, got it pinned by the throat, the man by this time is underneath the pair of them, so there we all are, neighbours are out, saying who's dog is it (meaning Cariad) so I said she is mine, and she was on lead, minding her own business when the dog came through the fence (because I knew what story would go round) so they shut up, then the bloke says, er excuse me could you get them off me only my keys are in my pocket and they are lay on them and it is bloody hurting so I said, Cariad - Off, and she got straight up and sat by my side, cool as you like - butter wouldn't melt in her mouth - so bloke gets up and takes his dog inside, we carry on down the river.
I said to one of the neighbours (who is like the bush telegraph) you wait it will be all round the village that Cariad has savaged his dog, anyhow saw him the next day and said oh I hope your dog is alright, he said to me, she was the transgressor (that's a first, someone admitting their dog was in the wrong) and to be honest I've been hoping a dog would do that to her because she is always doing that to other dogs I said to him, Cariad's Training Academy is open 24/7 he said that there wasn't a mark on the dog, which I thought really showed that Cariad will not take sh!t but at the same time uses minimal force to drive the message home - Don't Mess With Me so had to laugh at your description of Loki tossing the terrier away, it reminded me of Cariad holding this dog down till I told her to let go
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone

Just got back from shopping and have bought 4 organic cabbages... for my next attempt at Sauerkraut - 3rd time/jar lucky maybe? I also popped into Sainsburys to get a K&M pickling jar as it has a narrower top, which I think will be better.

I will need you guys to remind me to open the jar twice a day so that it doesn't explode tho

Glad you are all ok and that Pereg is getting some new bedding

Glad to hear Chris's son is more settled today, hope he continues to recover well, and fast.

Right, off to catch up on threads now... hope you've all been behaving
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 06:10 PM
TW - the picture I have in my head of this bundle with the owner at the bottom with keys in his picket! - Ouch!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hi everyone

Just got back from shopping and have bought 4 organic cabbages... for my next attempt at Sauerkraut - 3rd time/jar lucky maybe? I also popped into Sainsburys to get a K&M pickling jar as it has a narrower top, which I think will be better.

I will need you guys to remind me to open the jar twice a day so that it doesn't explode tho

Glad to hear Chris's son is more settled today, hope he continues to recover well, and fast.

Right, off to catch up on threads now... hope you've all been behaving :lol:
Course we have. We haven't opened the magic bottle yet ...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hi everyone

Right, off to catch up on threads now... hope you've all been behaving
Evening Azz.

That sounds exciting making your own sauerkraut. I remember trying this years ago when I did German at school I remember not liking it.

We will try to remember to remind you to open the jar. Can't guarantee it if we have been in here with the magic bottle in front of the fire the evening before though.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Hmmm - magic bottle, blazing fire - and David Haye...........
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Fire lit, Cariad lay in front of it already, dinner in oven, big pot of home made soup on the hob (won't be ready till tomorrow) and David Haye.....what more could anyone ask - oh yes Helen not to wimp out, mind you I couldn't have put my head in those cockroaches either and I can steel myself to do most things but as she never cleans, by her own admission, goodness knows what she was sharing her apartment with - I suspect several different types of vermin though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Linda, Cariad weighs in at around 6 stone I think I just loved the way Lona and Blaidd looked interested in what was about to happen, as in 'ooooh that's gonna hurt' rather than showing any signs of back up
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Here it is.....magic bottle time

Azz, as if anyone of us would behave badly (apart from Malka of course, and we live in hope of another such picture to brighten our evenings!)

As always, that puppy fix hits the spot. Tawneywolf I love your story about Cariad, and as for Helen in Im a Celeb, I gather that she never even goes in the garden at home so any sort of creature whatsoever is going to be a nightmare for her. I shouldn't talk though, as I do have a very real phobia involving an extremely common wriggly thing beginning with w and ending with m. I cannot even bring myself to type the word

Last night, after watching a really exciting motor race, I let the Jimster out for his final wee and unfortunately there was a pesky cat right there, right by the door They both set off at 100 miles an hour, with me cringing into a ball at the thought of what was happening to Jimmi's bad paws - no chance of stopping him let alone catching him until he was certain the intruder was well gone. When he eventually came in I carefully examined his paws and breathed a huge sigh of relief, until I spotted something - he had ripped one of his stopper pads I just do not believe this. The paws have just about healed, and now look. I have bathed it in salt water, but held back on the honey as that would encourage him to have a good lick and at the moment he is leaving it alone. Oh grrrrrrrr No field walks now then, just when we were getting back into it, because of mud and stuff, just boring old pavements etc.

Chris I do hope that your son is now on the mend. Such a worry for you.

Still skivvying - still having everything put back as it was

*pours bucket of wine and looks forward to Corrie and Im a Celeb
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Aw Sally, dogs eh? That must have been very frustrating! I hope there is no lasting damage.

Michael (my two-year-old) has now started the barking cough thing so here we go again. Big glass of whatever here please.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >