Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Good Morning Dogsey peeps.......
Monday bleurghhhhhhhhhhhh 6.30am and hubby is gone off to work, I am sat here with my first coffee of the day, just looked at my work emails and realised I seem to have reached the top of the workload and am on the way down for the moment that is Hurrah!!!!!! I only work part time and I work from home so I have NOTHING to complain about, but sometimes my boss seems to think I work full time and have nothing else going on in my day!!

Anyway its raining this side of the pond too - pouring infact, today I shall walk the doglets, work and try to get on with some bracelet making, craft fairs are looming!!

Going to put a lovely beef curry in the slow cooker for tonight, love my slow cooker as dinner gets sorted early!!

Happy Monday!! x
Afternoon DD.
Raining here now too. Already dark.
Hope the rain stops where you are later.
The curry sounds yummy. Enjoy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Horrid afternoon, am sat eating some of my home made soup in front of a blazing fire. Cariad tucked up with her babies, she is coming in and out to see me, and is getting interested in food again. Went off to get wood and download piccies from the library. At first glance didn't seem there was that much wood, but I got 3 sacks which will keep me going for a while, am filling my wood bins now so I have some for over Christmas and New Year when they are closed. Then went to the library, something made me check before I went in there, and yes...I had brought the wrong cable with me!!! Glad I checked before making a fool of myself, so no new puppy fix, just one from last week

Cariad met me at the kitchen door and immediaely started looking for food, she has been a good girl, I left stuff out defrosting and it is still there. She had a tin of sardines with cottage cheese and bio yogurt at lunch, but needed more she said, so gave her turkey with cottage cheese and yogurt this time. Should hold her till tea time. Was going to go back out to the library, but decided weather far too bad, barely seen Lona and Mabs, took them out a bone for lunch and they took them from me and ran in again. That is my next job, cleaning kennels and putting fresh shavings in for them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Have you considered a Seat or Skoda? They're all under the VW wagon now but Skodas have had some great write ups recently and are the cheaper ones and very reliable too.

Skoda Fabia Estates are supposed to be good and not as big as the Octavia:
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/sk.../estate/review
thanks for the link Lucky, yes, I like the look of that new one, but Dave said the old ones aren't like that. He said the Octavia's aren't bad, all the taxi drivers use them now, but really, in all honestly, although I don't have any street cred to speak of here, he said it's really not my cuppa tea!

He's still banging on about an Astra estate he's seen over in his neck of the woods at the workshop, so when he returns there tomorrow, he might well be making a purchase, and come home in it. We're getting desperate now coz this old bus of mine needs taxing at the end of the month, something I won't want to do if we're moving it on. Thanks though Lucky.

Thanks for the puppy fix June, awwww, we really don't care which day the pics are taken! Thanks for lighting our fire
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
thanks for the link Lucky, yes, I like the look of that new one, but Dave said the old ones aren't like that. He said the Octavia's aren't bad, all the taxi drivers use them now, but really, in all honestly, although I don't have any street cred to speak of here, he said it's really not my cuppa tea!

He's still banging on about an Astra estate he's seen over in his neck of the woods at the workshop, so when he returns there tomorrow, he might well be making a purchase, and come home in it. We're getting desperate now coz this old bus of mine needs taxing at the end of the month, something I won't want to do if we're moving it on. Thanks though Lucky.

Thanks for the puppy fix June, awwww, we really don't care which day the pics are taken! Thanks for lighting our fire
No worries. I used to be like, "Skoda? You've got to be kidding!" Same with diesels. We've now had two Octavias (we only changed to a more recent one because it's more spacious for all our holiday junk and Loki ) and I have my own Seat Ibiza - all TDi - and I can honestly say I love them. My Ibiza eats tyres though and it's more noisy.

I hope you get your Astra soon - you don't want to be taxing something you're getting rid of! Not unless that would sell it more easily.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Lucky Star;2621994] No worries. I used to be like, "Skoda? You've got to be kidding!" Same with diesels. We've now had two Octavias (we only changed to a more recent one because it's more spacious for all our holiday junk and Loki ) and I have my own Seat Ibiza - all TDi - and I can honestly say I love them. My Ibiza eats tyres though and it's more noisy.

I hope you get your Astra soon - you don't want to be taxing something you're getting rid of! Not unless that would sell it more easily.[/QUOTE]

Nothing's gonna sell it easy Lucky with 170,000 miles on the clock!!!! He calls it my skip and won't even go through the embarrassment of trading it in, he said I can sell it privately if I want. For £800 outlay when we moved here though, it's done me proud!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54;2621997]
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
No worries. I used to be like, "Skoda? You've got to be kidding!" Same with diesels. We've now had two Octavias (we only changed to a more recent one because it's more spacious for all our holiday junk and Loki ) and I have my own Seat Ibiza - all TDi - and I can honestly say I love them. My Ibiza eats tyres though and it's more noisy.

I hope you get your Astra soon - you don't want to be taxing something you're getting rid of! Not unless that would sell it more easily.[/QUOTE]

Nothing's gonna sell it easy Lucky with 170,000 miles on the clock!!!! He calls it my skip and won't even go through the embarrassment of trading it in, he said I can sell it privately if I want. For £800 outlay when we moved here though, it's done me proud!
That's really good! I do wonder whether to keep the Ibiza from time to time. It's getting on but really low mileage and it's quick. But it costs in tyres and more recently springs because of the rubbish roads - and brakes. But I probably wouldn't get much for it now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Awwww more puppy pics and a nice roaring fire just what we need on a dark wet miserable cold November evening.

Got my skype with Gorden but he was rather distracted today. He was in the cafeteria its the only place to get a good connection. There were some very loud large Russian men in there. He did have his ear phones on but they were drowning everything out and Gorden felt a little intimadated by them as they were watching him constantly.
He said in an email there is quite a racial thing going on between the Russians and the Kazaks.

He missed breakfast today as he wasn't hungry so had a banana out of the new goodie bag they got given last night.
For tea last night it was a beef type patti thing or he thinks it may of been beef mashed potato and grated carrot.
Tonight it was a pancake thingy with minced meat in it and rice.

They got whisked off to the tax office today for their temporary NI numbers and as they pulled up opposite the tax office there was a police car parked. The interpreter went and spoke to the policeman in the car and apparently was asking his permission if it was ok for them to cross the road not using the crossing which was further up the road apparently you can be fined for not using the crossings. Gorden said you wouldn't want to risk your life not using the crossings apparently the drive a little madly.

It has warmed up today and is 1-2 degrees and snowing heavily and I could hear the wind howling round the hotel.
He is on the other side so was hoping it wasn't going to keep him awake all night.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Awwww more puppy pics and a nice roaring fire just what we need on a dark wet miserable cold November evening.

Got my skype with Gorden but he was rather distracted today. He was in the cafeteria its the only place to get a good connection. There were some very loud large Russian men in there. He did have his ear phones on but they were drowning everything out and Gorden felt a little intimadated by them as they were watching him constantly.
He said in an email there is quite a racial thing going on between the Russians and the Kazaks.

He missed breakfast today as he wasn't hungry so had a banana out of the new goodie bag they got given last night.
For tea last night it was a beef type patti thing or he thinks it may of been beef mashed potato and grated carrot.
Tonight it was a pancake thingy with minced meat in it and rice.

They got whisked off to the tax office today for their temporary NI numbers and as they pulled up opposite the tax office there was a police car parked. The interpreter went and spoke to the policeman in the car and apparently was asking his permission if it was ok for them to cross the road not using the crossing which was further up the road apparently you can be fined for not using the crossings. Gorden said you wouldn't want to risk your life not using the crossings apparently the drive a little madly.

It has warmed up today and is 1-2 degrees and snowing heavily and I could hear the wind howling round the hotel.
He is on the other side so was hoping it wasn't going to keep him awake all night.
I am pleased you are getting to skype regularly, the internet has made the world a much smaller place.

He is experiencing all manner of amazing things, it makes you realise how different cultures are, you are supposed to use crosswalks here and can get done for jaywalking, it is amazing as EVERYONE uses the cross walks!

Before you know it he will be home sharing these experiences with you and making you use the crosswalks!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Dunno what happened, but all of a sudden my screen went blue, now I know that is A Bad Sign. I switched everything off and watched telly for a while, then I must have fallen asleep, as next minute Cariad is there prodding me with her nose to wake me up - Tea Time!!!! First of all went outside to sort Lona and Mabs out, they have done really well bless them, the palace is clean and they have done it all either outside or nipped into the smaller kennel and done it there. You could feel the warmth in the Palace, so my design ideas have worked, once I get the heat lamps up it will sub tropical in there, won't be for a few weeks though, once the babies start trashing the house, then it will be time for them to live with the Big Girls, till then they are staying with mummy all tucked up in the kitchen, which is always warm. With the fire going the radiators are toasty warm, and when I change the sheet on the vet bed it has been on a radiator. Put fresh shavings down in both kennels, gave them a massive sheep's neck each and left them to it. Cariad had fish, yogurt and cottage cheese and I changed the bedding and put babies back in. Decided to see if I still had a laptop, and yay it is working again, although I have had to re-log back into everything, but phew am still online Cariad been sitting next to me, but she has gone back to the babies now.
Sounds quite scary where Gordon is, fancy not being able to cross the road unless it is in a certain place, although like has been said, it certainly focuses the mind on it Cariad back here now, giving me a paw and generally demanding I stroke her, rub her back and tickle her ears
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't be too happy sitting in some cafe with a load of loud Russians gawking at me either, especially as he was on the puter with his headphones on, let alone the jaywalking. Maybe I've been watching too much tv though. They could think he's a spy or summat Lynn Ooooer! I don't blame him for skipping that breakfast over there and opting for something he recognised like a banana Sounds like it's getting very cold over there Lynn, I hope you packed those long johns for him
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >