register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: do you wrestle with your dog?
yes with rules 22 35.48%
yes without rules 1 1.61%
yes with some of my dogs but not with others 10 16.13%
no not with any of my dogs 29 46.77%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
No we don't wrestle but if I'm bending over or on the floor doing something, my great big soppy GSP tries to push his face up against mine and climb onto my lap for a cuddle, which looks as if we're are wrestling.
LupiLu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I wrestle with Phoebe, it's fun for both of us and is just another game we play together. Rules are strict though - I don't want to be in a position of being cross with her because she's over stepped the boundaries. Having said that she does always seem to know where to draw the line and has never done more than shoving - and licking that's the worst! Enfys on the other hand would never dream of wrestling, she's far too worried about offending me and doesn't like the idea of confrontation. Dido is a 'leaner', she's a big girl and when invited for a bit of rough and tumble is most likely to just lean on you until you fall over and then sit on you
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
No holds barred Dober wrestling in our house, often tag team accompanied by hysterical dobervocals!

more often than not it results in me getting my butt nipped and the boy hares off and does zoomies round the room intersperced with flying body slams. He also likes it when you try and smack his bum as he zoomies about, he tucks it in and zooms faster with a look of sheer joy across his chops

he only ever puts pressure on when hes fighting the duvet monster (he pretends? that he doesnt know its my hand darting about under the duvet and polar bear slams it and chomps on your hand as you try and grab his feet

'Kisses' is the word that brings a swift halt when ive had enough and he gives you a big snog and stuffs his head in your lap for a snuggle...

He always has a wrestle with his dad when he gets in from work and will wait excitedly at the bottom of the stairs (whilst boyf is taking his suit off) then gets the call
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Occasionally I do with sadie- she likes to body slam. OH likes to but only when I'm there and he keeps checking that she is not being serious... I've told him if she turns serious he would know about it!

The collies don't like it at all!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4