View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks Wyrd, Shropshire sounds perfect! I think we might have finally decided on where we're going, but I'll keep Shropshire in mind for next time!

It's bee surprisingly hard to find somewhere that meets my original requirements (remote, private garden, two dogs allowed and available). All the places that met the requirements were unavailable for our dates or would only allow one dog the rest had shared gardens which isn't ideal.

We're thinking of going here http://www.stableslodge.co.uk/ It's really rather nice! I wanted the penthouse (private garden) but it's not available so we're considering a lodge. I think we can cope without the private garden as we'll be out walking all day and I can do on lead bedtime wee breaks.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow, they're very pristine for dog-friendly accomodation I dread to think what they'll look like at the end of your stay They do look very nice though, hope you have a fab time One thing to be careful of, I did hear of blue-green algae in Mansfield which isn't far away.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Wow, they're very pristine for dog-friendly accomodation
I know, swish isn't it! I'm planning to take a brush and groom Cain a lot for damage limitation! But the owner sounds lovely, supplies dog towels, treats etc and doesn't have half the rules in place that other older cottages have. It seems geuinely very dog friendly. If we go, and it works out ok, I think I'll try and get a time when the Penthouse is available and take Liam up for a break.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.stableslodge.co.uk/dog-run.html

And it looks like we could let Cain off lead here and just guard the gate. So i think it should be managable.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
You are round my neck of the woods there and there is some gorgeous countryside, South Derbyshire is lovely. You must visit Calke Abbey and Park in Ticknall and there is also Foremark Reservoir to walk round.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
You are round my neck of the woods there and there is some gorgeous countryside, South Derbyshire is lovely. You must visit Calke Abbey and Park in Ticknall and there is also Foremark Reservoir to walk round.
Thanks Leanne. I shall make a list and buy a map! Both place sound lovely
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
They sound lovely, we'll have to make a walk suggestions thread

It does look very fancy, I'll have to shave Kestral to keep it looking like that Lets hope theres a hose or a river to dunk them in!

Im excited!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4