Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I do...

I'm not keen on dogs who drool too much (Paddy is just about as much drool as I can handle!).
I'm not keen on really small dogs.
I'm not keen on brachycephalic dogs.
I'm not keen on dogs who have loads of fur.

I have always loved EBTs, and would have liked to own one in the future... Until, however, I met Louie. He is a fantastic wee dog, and I love him to bits... he is a right character. He just really isn't what I looked for in a dog. He is brilliant, but just not for me.

Then again, I could say the same for Paddy. I love that boy, but an Irish Setter is definitely a breed I won't be going out of my way to have... No matter how much he means to me.

I don't think I would ever own a hound either...
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Giant breeds, because I don't feel we have the room here for us and the dog(s) not to be in each other's way all the time.

Northern breeds, I just don't feel we can give them the lifestyle they need (unless we got them something to pull, but then that creates the issue of transporting it).

Anything with a very woolly or wire type of coat - I can look at dogs with these coats and admire them, but I really don't like touching that kind of fur at all.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't think I would ever had anything that had really strict grooming requirements. I could easily live with a dog that had to be groomed everyday or clipped a few times a year but I think anything like an OES, an Afghan or a Puli would just be a completely unrealistic breed for me!

I also don't think I'd get any breed that was brachycephalic. I like Rotties a lot but I don't think I could have anything that had a more squashed face than that

I think the Northern breeds or any breed that is generally considered to be a bit stubborn or 'wilful' tends to be the sort of dog I actually really like and would go for Molly can't go offlead and Pinschers are known for being rather stubborn so I think I could adapt quite easily! I think Molly would get a lot out of the sorts of activities I could do with a Northern breed too so they'd probably fit together quite well.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 05:29 AM
I couldnt ever ever own a hairless breed (sorry to fans), the look of them and the feel of naked skin..not for me
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 07:39 AM
I couldn`t keep lapdogs - they irritate me. No idea why. Bichons etc. Mind you, I can`t stand small children either. Especially the ones who think they`re Mummys Little Princess.
Maybe I just have a natural aversion to Cute?
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I couldn`t keep lapdogs - they irritate me. No idea why. Bichons etc. Mind you, I can`t stand small children either. Especially the ones who think they`re Mummys Little Princess.
Maybe I just have a natural aversion to Cute?
Aw my family had two Bicons when I was growing up, they were more doggy and made of sterner stuff than my colliexgsd!

I always used to think I could never have a chi until I fell in love with kikopup's Kiko! Must say I'm not a big fan of toys in general though, I like IGs and poms but that's about it
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
There are plenty of breeds I would not wish to own for one reason and another.

But could I live with what I have, yes, warts an all
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't want to single breeds out (there are too many of them and I am too lazy) but I would never own:

Bull Breeds
brachycephalic breeds
breeds that drool and slobber
breeds that could never be let off lead reliably
breeds which require a huge amount of hairdressing
breeds which do not do endless exercise
breeds which are not athletic

So that rules out plenty but also leaves plenty

Doubtful if I would ever have a x breed/mongrel either.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes, there are several breeds I feel I couldn't own, for various reasons, such as practicality. For example, giant breeds. Not that I particularly want a giant breed anyway. That's not to say I don't like them though - I do like some of them, such as Great Danes, but I could not own one.

There are also plenty of dogs I wouldn't want to own as well, such as most gundogs and things like DDB's. Or hairless dogs.

I'm not a particular gundog fan (apart from Welshies and show type Cockers - I think they are lovely breeds).

I wouldn't have a Labrador if you paid me. But Lab puppies ARE cute!

DDB's, Mastiffs etc don't particularly do anything for me either.

Also most brachycephalic breeds.

I don't mind shedding or grooming, but I'm not a fan of drooling!

Sorry, I've rambled! It's obviously all down personal choice a capability though.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 09:06 AM
^^ i wouldn't have a lab either!

and also to add to my already extensive list don't like bull breeds.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »