View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Poodle! and a tiny one at that, she was my Aunts and was on her lap, I bent down to give my Aunt a peck on the cheek and the poodle bit mine!!! It was always a nasty little dog
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
A spaniel x (My mothers)

A collie (My mothers)

A GSD (My friends)

Those are the ones which stand out - possibly because they drew blood.

Several dogs at grooming parlours have tried - but I got quite good at holding carefully!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
A lab (cross i think) when I was 6, he was resident dog in a green grocers, he jumped up an bit my belly.

A ridgeback when i worked in boarding kennels, she came in with a male who was really friendly, but she became extremely aggressive when in her kennel, I slid her bowl across to her while stood in doorway and she launched at me, biting my arm, severing the arteries in my arm, i'm fairly certain if i hadnt managed to straddle her between my legs and shout for help she would have attacked until she had finished me off.

A springer spaniel, again at the border kennels, just a minor wound to the hand.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Three times for me, all dogs I was grooming (dogs that other groomers wont take as they're too aggressive... I like a challenge! LOL) I am not a groomer, just did it for friends and friends of friends as a hobby until work killed my hand... now I can hardly groom my own dogs!

One was a Bichon x Shih Tsu,

One was a teeny tiny Cocker x Poodle (seriously, she was less than 3 pounds!!!)

and the third was a Yorkie

Must say though, the only big dogs I ever groomed were very sweet and calm, a Border Collie and 2 GSD's
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
A Border Collie when I was a child...

I have been 'accidently' bitten splitting up a fight but I don't count that .
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:24 PM
I've never been bitten myself (touch wood)

The groomers where I used to take my dogs was run by a couple and the fella was a great big guy, (looks like Geoff Capes lol) he was grooming a Yorkie on the table one day and it bit him, as he snatched his hand away, his wife was walking behind him and got the full force of his elbow right in her nose - knocked her out cold Fortunately, there was no lasting damage so we can laugh about it now

xx
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Cats and horses but, never a dog.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Twice by a Mia - both my fault
Mia and Ben on the sofa play fighting got a little OTT, automatically without thinking I just stuck my arm out between the two of them and got a fang in it (stopped the fight)
Then another time I was letting her out of her crate in the car when a guys GSD stuck her head right in the crate - of course Mia was trapped and started snarling and fighting - I reached in to hold her lead to stop her jumping out while shifting the other dog with my hip - Mia got a wee nip on my arm
and the guy commented on how snappy Mia is - not on the fact that he has no control over his dog!!

oh and once by his other dog - a GSD
He put her on a lead to let Mia play with his pup - all fine Mia having great zoomies
I got her back on her lead for him to let his dog off, she ran straight at us - bit my leg on the way to Mia and then gave Mia a puncture under her chin
again somehow it was Mias fault!
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2011, 01:34 PM
2 labradors and a rottweiler. Also had a couple of friendly nips on my face from a boxer and exactly where you don't want to get bitten as a man by an sbt.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 01:36 PM
had some warnings, what with work and all, but have never been bitten by a dog, I've been careful and lucky! Had a bruise from an Old English but no puncture wound, and a close call with a Lab and a Scottie, the latter was aiming for the dryer though.

Bitten right through my thumb by a cat though. Ouch!
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »