View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 06:43 PM
First I have been on here in ages, thanks for the link H! I'd have no problem buying one of them as it looks just the same apart from the globe look? Only I STILL have the same Orbee!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi Natalie, I'd say it's actually tougher than the Orbee, even the rope has stayed much cleaner, and the ball looks like it's brand new, and look how long we've had it I'm going to get another one of these. I too, still have 2 Orbee's which are going on almost 2 years old, but it's the rope part that is getting past it, hence the need to replace them. This Fetch one is light, soft for munching on, and to carry, it bounces well, you can chuck it miles, and it's not so light that it just goes UP like that rubbish foam one I bought, and they float, what more could a dog want
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Natalie, I'd say it's actually tougher than the Orbee, even the rope has stayed much cleaner, and the ball looks like it's brand new, and look how long we've had it I'm going to get another one of these. I too, still have 2 Orbee's which are going on almost 2 years old, but it's the rope part that is getting past it, hence the need to replace them. This Fetch one is light, soft for munching on, and to carry, it bounces well, you can chuck it miles, and it's not so light that it just goes UP like that rubbish foam one I bought, and they float, what more could a dog want
Thanks for this - shall keep it in mind as Whisper LOVE her ball-on-a-rope and I'd like a better one.

Shall avoid the foam ball then - there's lots of big trees in the park I go to and we've already had two ball-stuck-in-a-tree incidents with her normal ball!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I still love the foam ball but am using the new Orbee (a Woof one, which I have put a rope through myself) for training purposes only as Zak loves it soooooo much!
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm using a glow-in-the-dark Chuck it at the minute which I put a rope through myself as Whisper is apparently scared of the Chuck-it thrower - too much like a stick I guess.

Incidentally; what sort of rope do people tend to use for threading through?? I savaged a dog rope toy to use the rope from it but it's a bit messy - not a very neat result!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
I'm using a glow-in-the-dark Chuck it at the minute which I put a rope through myself as Whisper is apparently scared of the Chuck-it thrower - too much like a stick I guess.

Incidentally; what sort of rope do people tend to use for threading through?? I savaged a dog rope toy to use the rope from it but it's a bit messy - not a very neat result!
Well my boys teeth seem to go right through them but the Orbee one seems to have lasted well Now that they have changed them I dont know if they still do, but Planet Dog did used to make a glow in the dark Orbee ball on a rope. So it might be worth having a look around for the new version Helena mentioned, in a glow in the dark version? I have had to thread/knot the Orbee's rope a few times and its a bit mucky and pulled looking, but definately a good lasting rope as far as my boy amd his goes... Sorry not much help in the way of buying seperately though.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4