View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Thank you for the above information I appreciate it.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
i dont believe i am removed from reality. I find that some what offensive.
Again unneccesary comments on a this type of forum continues to amaze me.

The reason is there is based on the info league have provided there is a vacination available which eliminates the need for a cull.

Yes the methods they use are emotive and extreme in getting there point across. However based on the information provided there in this case is no need for the culling of so many badgers.

In highnsight i posted this too rash as i was shocked by the video and tbh now wish i hadnt bothered but i believe the petition is worth sharing as there is no need for the cull
Signed - anything to do with inappropiate animal slaughter should be brought to the publics eyes - thank you for sharing, I have sent on to others
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I think you will find that many farmers think that badger culling is appropriate animal slaughter, but then they make their living (or try to) from dairy farming.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This is the biggest load of drivel i've ever heard,but it dont suprise me comming from LACS.

A new bloodsport??? Culling/pest/predator/vermin control-whatever you choose to call it goes on all the time with various species and i do it myself,but i never regard it as sport and you're not allowed to call it that anyway so even if a badger cull came in it would be called excally that-a cull.

For the LACS to show a video of an already illegal act then imply this is what would happen if the cull starts is misleading and all it has done is highlight their lack of knowledge.They're very silly people indeed.
Perhaps it is illeagal Steve, howver it still goes on. Im quoting & answering you as i fing your posts (& arguments are done in a positive & you are rarely, if ever condescending)
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This is the biggest load of drivel i've ever heard,but it dont suprise me comming from LACS.

A new bloodsport??? Culling/pest/predator/vermin control-whatever you choose to call it goes on all the time with various species and i do it myself,but i never regard it as sport and you're not allowed to call it that anyway so even if a badger cull came in it would be called excally that-a cull.

For the LACS to show a video of an already illegal act then imply this is what would happen if the cull starts is misleading and all it has done is highlight their lack of knowledge.They're very silly people indeed.
Perhaps it is illeagal Steve, howver it still goes on. Im quoting & answering you as i find your posts (& arguments are done in a positive & constructive manner) you are rarely, if ever condescending
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I think you will find that many farmers think that badger culling is appropriate animal slaughter, but then they make their living (or try to) from dairy farming.
Not going to argue with you SB, i live in the country! You & i agree on lots but we also disagree on some things......
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:38 PM
I respect your PoV even if I don't agree with it!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Are you aware that over 40,000 cows were culled last year due to TB infection?

So tell me, where are the petitions for them?
Wheres the proof badgers were to blame - darn im arguing with you & said i wouldnt!!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Perhaps it is illeagal Steve, howver it still goes on. Im quoting & answering you as i fing your posts (& arguments are done in a positive & you are rarely, if ever condescending)
I know baiting still goes on Velvet because occasionally film footage pops up,but its not nearly as widespread as it used to be.A friend of mine is a rural copper and he said its on the decline across the UK due to more Police forces dedicating officers to combat it along with poaching,harecoursing etc.Cambridgeshire Police for example will arrest/fine those caught and always crush their vehicles to serve as a reminder not to do it again.I know the location of dozens of badger setts and none of them have ever been dug over which does prove its on the decline like he said so.

The biggest killer of badgers here are cars due to new roads being built across their territorys.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 07:16 PM
VB well there is the rub, there is no incontroversial proof that Badgers are the vectors in all cases, hence why the controversy!
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »