Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Pretty pics OP but just a suggestion. It might be better to set things up in such as way that the pole will fall or collapse if she hits it, not possibly trip her or pull a chair down on her.

I don't mean that in a critical way, just I'm sure you wouldn't want her to hurt herself.
thanks alot. all advice is greatly apreciated mate.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
now now Lozzi....dont be so touchy about an abbreviation and to answer the rest of your post..see the ops reply below

i think you sound very clued up and are also trying to stimulate a part sibe which imo is a very good thing..gives less time for her to try and find other things to do that you might not find such fun lol.
Its not just the abbreviation, i just think you get quite nit-picky. I gave my opinion, and no matter what i said you had to challenge it it gets a bit tiresome.

And i saw the OPs post, but at the time we were posting that wasnt there so it wasnt relevant in replying to your post.

Whether she is part sibe or not, IMO i dont think jumps that high should be being done... and after the OP i still think she was being moved too fast. There are plenty other things to train a dog to keep them occupied and not do things they shouldnt be.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Its not just the abbreviation, i just think you get quite nit-picky. I gave my opinion, and no matter what i said you had to challenge it it gets a bit tiresome.

And i saw the OPs post, but at the time we were posting that wasnt there so it wasnt relevant in replying to your post.

Whether she is part sibe or not, IMO i dont think jumps that high should be being done... and after the OP i still think she was being moved too fast. There are plenty other things to train a dog to keep them occupied and not do things they shouldnt be.
and im supposed to only agree with you? why?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
We used to play find the raw pieces of chicken in the garden and Keisha would manage to uncover and dig it up (it was only ever buried very shallow) but that was BEFORE we got the garden done! but you could substitute and cover it with something! And don't forget to not let her see where you put it, clever doggles they are!
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-02-2011, 10:32 PM

i apreciate that mate and i just moved it up to see if she would do it to be honest i expected her not too but i took camera out just incase and when she went under i stopped. i moved it to seat high and she was loving it, even after i went inside she was playing herself with it.

please can you suggest more games or things to do with her please i want to get the most out of my friendship with the dog i want the bond to just get stronger,

thank you
shaun
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes it can be difficult to think of trick I find you tube great

http://www.youtube.com/user/kikopup
her channel is amazing
also
you might find
http://silvia.trkman.net/
interesting - she is a fantastic agility trainer but also has amazing tricks all helpful and great fun
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
and im supposed to only agree with you? why?
Did I say you have to agree with me? No, I didn’t. But you could respect my opinion, especially coz I clearly said ‘I personally’. If you disagree, then you can say that you do but you don’t need to go on like you did, especially about the size of sibes and rotties its like you just want to argue the point, and ‘be right’ about everything.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by shaunclemens View Post
i apreciate that mate and i just moved it up to see if she would do it to be honest i expected her not too but i took camera out just incase and when she went under i stopped. i moved it to seat high and she was loving it, even after i went inside she was playing herself with it.

please can you suggest more games or things to do with her please i want to get the most out of my friendship with the dog i want the bond to just get stronger,

thank you
shaun
With Jake i spent loads of time teaching him different things, just things like sit, paw, down, dead, spin, crawl, stay, leave, wait etc. And his favourite game is 'find' i hide things around the house and garden, and send him to find it... he loves it, and is brilliant.
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-02-2011, 10:09 AM
With Jake i spent loads of time teaching him different things, just things like sit, paw, down, dead, spin, crawl, stay, leave, wait etc. And his favourite game is 'find' i hide things around the house and garden, and send him to find it... he loves it, and is brilliant.
i do play games like this. i also say sit and stay and put biscuits in same room even very close and she wont touch them unless i give her permission have you got any advice to teach her to find things as ive tried this and she doesnt seem to use her nose much.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Did I say you have to agree with me? No, I didn’t. But you could respect my opinion, especially coz I clearly said ‘I personally’. If you disagree, then you can say that you do but you don’t need to go on like you did, especially about the size of sibes and rotties its like you just want to argue the point, and ‘be right’ about everything.
hmmm ,actually methinks its you thats going on and has to be right about everything.(as you want to make a mountain out of a molehill )
you always get like this when people disagree with you. but hey ho

sorry shaunclemens
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >