View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Since joining Dogsey is all bit new(not quite a silver surfer, no offence to anyone)am not good with pc's but this site is very much appreciated. A worldwide site is always going to bring together a mixed bag of folk etc, in common interest(dogs) but other stuff too. I know am as mad as 'box of frogs'? from what have been told But care very much and hope to never offend or hurt anyone on Dogsey(sometimes things come across wrong way), don't like 'cat fights? or ill feeling is too much of that in real world. Sometimes things in this computer world can be taken wrong way or misunderstood(don't know the MTVB? and stuff), whatever have found help here.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Are you for real, Azz? On here? Give it a bash, by all means.

Azz - there are people on here who do dish it out, but can take it in return. They give it out, but when it's given back to them, it's all "poor me". Surely you realise that by now? Peoples true colours have indeed been shown on here - many times - but not everyone is able to see it.

I, for one, haven't been doing the private PMing thing. In fact, I haven't sent a PM in months, so I've no idea what's going on there!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Surely we want a site where we can feel comfortable to have an opinion and have a healthy debate accepting that we are not all the same and may have different values and beliefs, in my time on here I have read many comments that have not impressed me but chose to accept we all have a different view on things rather than start an online argument , can we manage that ?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I have been away for a bit, so have missed any dramas. However, I have found that most serious threads on Dogsey can be discussed in an adult like manner most of the time, so don't think a separate thread to voice opinions on other people would do any good. In fact I could see it alienating people and losing Dogsey a lot of members.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I wonder if it would work better if we all took a step back sometimes and instead of replying ourselves, we used the report button if we are really wound up by a 'bullying' style of post?

I know I certainly should have listened to myself last night!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:44 PM
WHAT id really like to see, is why people are banned, what reason etc/infractions whatever.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
I think the principle of the idea is sound but looking at the way some people repsond to posts here you may get some hassle , we would all have to be pretty grown up about feedback and set some groundrules about how it is done , i think i may have missed whats gone on too but happy to support anything that will help make the forum a good place
It always was a good place I don't know what the hell has happened in the last year or so.

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I wish it could work 'cause something needs to be done TBH.
Totally agree

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
agree with all of above. I`ve missed the drama and am not really interested.
I`d rather see good manners prevail.
This is exactly what I tried to say to Azz. The rudeness that has been on here of late is unbelievable.

I joined another forum, not dog or pet orientated, that had a "time out" section for just the purpose that Azz is suggesting here.
It got very messy and made for uncomfortable reading even though I wasn't involved.
So my answer, Azz, is NOOOOOOOO.
We have a report button and an ignore button, lets use them.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:50 PM
If its particular people , then havent they broken the rules and they should just be banned rather than do any more than that ?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 07:53 PM
.. difference of opinions isnt bullying

im with mish,id like to know why peeps are banned,but im just nosey
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2010, 07:54 PM
For what it is worth Azz, you need people to read and reflect what they have put on any thread for any real benefit / learning to be achieved.

If members can't accept feedback as a constructive tool and learn by their mistakes within the thread or how it comes over to others, it will just turn negative and give you more problems to deal with by becoming a tit for tat scenario.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >