Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Lots of thoughts coming your way.

Hope they can sort out what it is tomorrow.

rune
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
So sorry to read this Kel and I hope she's back home with you soon.

Can I just say that Cassie was behaving a bit like that with the stretching and curling when she had Pancreatitis and she went down hill very quickly and spent 3 days on a drip at the vet. Do you know if they've tested for anything like that?

Big healing vibes coming your way. xxxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh, poor Dusty I hope it is nothing serious and she bounces back.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
but just wanted to update and thank you all for thinking of her, it can only do good to have her in so many people's thoughts.
Thanks for the update Kel, we are all still thinking of you and Dusty and hope and pray that she'll getover this.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi Kel. I'm so sorry to read about Dusty and really hope she makes a full recovery.

When you said about her low temperature, I immediately thought about hypothermia in humans so did a quick google search about it in dogs.

here are the symptons:

shivering;
lethargy;
muscle stiffness;
lack of co-ordination;
low heart and breathing rates;
fixed and dilated pupils;
collapse;
coma

From what you said, Dusty has a number of these, but surely the vet would have already considered this as a possibility?

the article I read is here...
http://www.dogtopics.com/163/hypothe...tbite-in-dogs/

Worth asking your vet because the article says that severe cases should be treated with 'internal warming' including warm enimas and stomach flushes.

The only thing is, it does sound strange if this is it, because as you have just said, she isn't outside for long at all.

Anyway, whatever it is, I really hope she's on the mend soon.

Hugs to you, to Dusty and especially Myles who must be really missing his special wee dog.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 09:58 PM
lots of healing thoughts coming from here. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I have been to visit Dusty today, she is being kept wrapped up under heat lamps, her temp is still really really low and her heart rate is better but still low. She has eaten and drank and peed and pooed fine, her second bloods come back tomorrow, I don't know what they are testing for yet, I will find out tomorrow morning, she's being kept in again overnight obviously. When I went to see her she recognised me and struggled out of her blankets to come and see me, she still felt really cold through the bar, but I couldn't hold her or anything and I could only stay with her a few minutes so she didn't get distressed. She's on a drip and vallium. But her walking was much better and she was much more alert than last night and less of the odd movements she was making, she's more shivery now than the scary kind of curling and then stretching out she was doing, and bobbing her head about last night. She is fine when she's sleeping they said, not shivery or anything.

They think it could have been a stroke or similar but of course i'm thinking brain tumors and all sorts but I really dont know and the vets don't know, just have to wait for the bloods to come back tomorrow and see what comes of them, i'm kicking myself for not asking more about them but my head is in the shed and I was all over after seeing her, especially that she looks a bit better, I thought I was really going to lose her last night and although I have been told not to get my hopes up too much, as she is still critical, she just looked so much better than when I last saw her.

Anyway i'm probably just rambling and not making too much sense but just wanted to update and thank you all for thinking of her, it can only do good to have her in so many people's thoughts.
Thanks for the update, Kel. She is really is one of the sweetest little dogs on here, and I really hope she will be on the mend very soon.

Loads more positive vibes coming your way.....

x0x0x
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Buckets of healing vibes coming for Dusty, hoping so much she picks up soon, thoughts with you all...xxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry to hear about Dusty, I' ve only just come on today. I hope she's a bit better. Any more news from the vets?
Thinking of you and praying for good news.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
So sorry to hear about Dusty. Lots of healing thoughts coming her way and kisses from Shady and Kyiro.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »