Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
I keep trying to tell her no and show her other toys, but she would insist on going back to his.

Just this one time I thought I'll see what happens if I don't take the toy away and the fight escalated so quickly I didn't have time to prevent it, but then again, maybe that's what she needed to learn. Although I'm yet to find out if she's learnt form her mistake as I have't dared put another toy down! lol

Kaiser is so so good with her...I mean, look at what he puts up with....She can be a total rat bag!

I purposely posted my first response without reading ANY of the other replies. I now know that your Kaiser is an absolute star and a very well balanced dog. That photo paints a thousand words. You have no need for concern at all IMO, just leave them to interact as the dogs that they are, without fear or worry ... and enjoy !! The little girl is absolutely gorgeous and Kaiser is stunning !!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes, it was really nasty to hear and see! But I was told it sounds worse then it is!

Roxy was screaming and I mean screaming. I've never heard a dog scream before!
Thats a survivial reflex!

It dosent mean he hurt her, more her saying, "dont hurt me,dont hurt me"

Zola does it each time that mav Curls his lip at her!

The first time he caught her (accidently) she screamed for 10mins, Hewas destraught & was telling me "HONESTLY i bearley touched her"

My advice, let them sort it out (with supervision!)
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
It is lovely to watch but they had to agree the rules at an early stage...

@ them on the table! Oh they really are gorgeous!

It's something Roxy would do, not to sure on Kaiser. He may copy her, but wouldn't do it off his own back!

xx
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Thats a survivial reflex!

It dosent mean he hurt her, more her saying, "dont hurt me,dont hurt me"

Zola does it each time that mav Curls his lip at her!

The first time he caught her (accidently) she screamed for 10mins, Hewas destraught & was telling me "HONESTLY i bearley touched her"

My advice, let them sort it out (with supervision!)
Yes, afterwards he comes over to check on her, then licks her. He's told her off a few times, nothing like what we've been discussing, but enough for her to squeal!
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I purposely posted my first response without reading ANY of the other replies. I now know that your Kaiser is an absolute star and a very well balanced dog. That photo paints a thousand words. You have no need for concern at all IMO, just leave them to interact as the dogs that they are, without fear or worry ... and enjoy !! The little girl is absolutely gorgeous and Kaiser is stunning !!
Oh bless, thank you!!!

This forum has been such a help to me with the new puppy. I don't know what I would had done without it!

Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Nope, I agree with you..

I think Roxy was in the wrong trying to take it and behaving very cheekily.
Absolutely - but only A DOG can teach her that she was in the wrong! And luckily for you and her it seems you have an excellent teaching adult dog to do just that! Again, lucky, lucky you and puppy!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4