Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
to be fair, the B...of face is not really a site ment to be taken seriously, or not the last time I looked, maybe this sort of thing would get more interest on a more serious site where people know its all about the DDA?
Thats your interpretation, there are lots of groups and campaigns on there and they are deadly serious it depends what you want out of it I like being in touch with like minded people and being able to have sensible conversations and feel like even if I am only signing pettitions right now as its all I can do I can make a difference, I hope to do more in the future and am in touch with the right people to help me when the time is right.I am also getting more friend requests these days from other like minded people so we are definately there, and people are doing amazing work, I'm proud to say I know Maria Daines from that site and she is awsome in what she does for animals.I play scrabble on there so its not all serious stuff, but you get out of it what you want,maybe I should stop trying to educate some of the people on my friends list and just drop them instead.
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I joined the DDA page on the site not to be mentioned. It's horrific that so many dogs are being PTS for no good reason.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by shirls View Post
I joined the DDA page on the site not to be mentioned. It's horrific that so many dogs are being PTS for no good reason.
It is and that is why I feel people must do some thing, seeing those pictures and looking at videos, personally I'd have to be dead not to be affected.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I have been a member on the DDA watch face book sight for a while now and have to applaud Allie for all the tireless work she does to help the bull breed dogs.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by shirls View Post
Sadly there are thousands of dogs (of all types) being pts every single day...are there petitions to save all and every one of those..

What happens if you succeed in saving these dogs, all it means is more dogs in rescues will be pts, as they are already over run as it is.. with not enough homes to re home them all.

We have a huge overpopulation problem as it is.... why are one group of dogs more important to save than another.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Thats your interpretation, there are lots of groups and campaigns on there and they are deadly serious it depends what you want out of it I like being in touch with like minded people and being able to have sensible conversations and feel like even if I am only signing pettitions right now as its all I can do I can make a difference, I hope to do more in the future and am in touch with the right people to help me when the time is right.I am also getting more friend requests these days from other like minded people so we are definately there, and people are doing amazing work, I'm proud to say I know Maria Daines from that site and she is awsome in what she does for animals.I play scrabble on there so its not all serious stuff, but you get out of it what you want,maybe I should stop trying to educate some of the people on my friends list and just drop them instead.
wow thats me told in no uncertain terms, its also the friends you have that dont do what you want and sign petitions told in no uncertain terms as well...
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sadly there are thousands of dogs (of all types) being pts every single day...are there petitions to save all and every one of those..

What happens if you succeed in saving these dogs, all it means is more dogs in rescues will be pts, as they are already over run as it is.. with not enough homes to re home them all.

We have a huge overpopulation problem as it is.... why are one group of dogs more important to save than another.
Do you know anything about the DDA? a lot of these dogs seized over the past years and now as "Type" come from loving homes, not all but certainly a lot of them ,they were PTS for no reason taken away from their homes and families, a lot of them were not in rescue.All dogs are equally important, and that is why the same people heavily involved with DDA watch are also very heavily involved with many other areas of rescue not only of dogs we are animal lovers, maybe we should do nothing then like most people,but that is not an option.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
wow thats me told in no uncertain terms, its also the friends you have that dont do what you want and sign petitions told in no uncertain terms as well...
I know and thats fine.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Love your passion, but with that if you want to inform people and educate them, to be told oh you play a farm game, or send hearts you don't care, you get peoples backs up and no one will listen and that is worse, you have a passion, good, if you want others to join in your passion, don't patronise them.
There are many ways people help out not just in the cyber world or as they don't do as you see fit, does not make them do nothing it makes them not do things as you would, but not necessarily nothing.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Interesting point
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Do you know anything about the DDA? a lot of these dogs seized over the past years and now as "Type" come from loving homes, not all but certainly a lot of them ,they were PTS for no reason taken away from their homes and families, a lot of them were not in rescue.All dogs are equally important, and that is why the same people heavily involved with DDA watch are also very heavily involved with many other areas of rescue not only of dogs we are animal lovers, maybe we should do nothing then like most people,but that is not an option.
Stop being so patronising,
You have a passion, great, that's to be admired, but to make out everyone who does not sign your petitions or agree with you are "fluffy bunnies" giving hearts out everywhere is just a tad condescending.

Yes I know about the DDA... that was not the point, my point was why does one group of dogs need saving over another.. along with it not being directed at you.. it was a response to shirls outrage at dogs being pts for no reason, yet its happening on a daily basis to thousands of dogs, do we see petitions for them???
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >