Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 07:37 PM
A club id be happy to recommend!!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Give yourself a hug - we all get good days and bad ones. Occasionally I could cheerfully throttle Daisy, but then she grins at me and we`re friends again. Start each new day afresh and remember you are all the world to your dog
x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
A club id be happy to recommend!!!!!
I think we missed which club you mean Mish
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh Sorry, East Kilbride Dog Training Club! Ann Marie Parker Runs it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Lol, I'm sure Lozzi will see this soon.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Give yourself a hug - we all get good days and bad ones. Occasionally I could cheerfully throttle Daisy, but then she grins at me and we`re friends again. Start each new day afresh and remember you are all the world to your dog
x
thanks, thats the same with jake... he comes over with a toy in his mouth and drops it on me, then gives me a look as if to say 'sorry mum, i didnt mean to' he is lying next to me asleep just now

lol, yep i did thats why i was confused... lol

thanks, will have a search for it.

Lol, I'm sure Lozzi will see this soon.
i have now
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 09:21 PM
sorry to hear what happened - hope the replies have made you feel better though I can only add been there, done that & still not out the other end yet. Tilly's selective hearing can be a nightmare. When she first ran from the park I swore I'd never let her offlead again! but of course I did, the following day but make sure she's back on lead way before the exit, also on the farm.
The most effective thing I do is to run in the other direction if she won't come or dance about like a muppet which gets her attention. I usually call her now & make sure she can see me put my hand in my pocket (which equals a treat) when she then decides to come to me, I make her sit & wait a short distance away, then walk up to her, put her lead back on & give the treat plus a fuss. It seems to be working. When it doesn't, I revert back to the mad muppet routine!
Jackpot
New Member!
Female 

28-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I only too well remember the kind of day you had when my dog was young! Days I'd come home, stressed out and in bits because he wouldn't do a thing I'd told him and me vowing that he'd never, ever be allowed off the lead again as long as he lived...

...three years on (he's now 3 and a bit), he's a joy to walk and, while still stubborn, listens to me when I tell him things.

It will get better, hang on in there!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
sorry to hear what happened - hope the replies have made you feel better though I can only add been there, done that & still not out the other end yet. Tilly's selective hearing can be a nightmare. When she first ran from the park I swore I'd never let her offlead again! but of course I did, the following day but make sure she's back on lead way before the exit, also on the farm.
The most effective thing I do is to run in the other direction if she won't come or dance about like a muppet which gets her attention. I usually call her now & make sure she can see me put my hand in my pocket (which equals a treat) when she then decides to come to me, I make her sit & wait a short distance away, then walk up to her, put her lead back on & give the treat plus a fuss. It seems to be working. When it doesn't, I revert back to the mad muppet routine!
thanks, its good to hear from others so i know im not alone.

jake is just so inconsistent, and i can get him to sit and wait but as soon as i am about to be within reach of him, he takes off

Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
I only too well remember the kind of day you had when my dog was young! Days I'd come home, stressed out and in bits because he wouldn't do a thing I'd told him and me vowing that he'd never, ever be allowed off the lead again as long as he lived...

...three years on (he's now 3 and a bit), he's a joy to walk and, while still stubborn, listens to me when I tell him things.

It will get better, hang on in there!
thanks, i hope it will. my last boy was 6 months when we got him, and he was amazing from day 1 with recall, getting him to walk on a lead was another matter though (he obviously had never been on a lead much). all through his life, he came back the second he was called, no hesistations.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Hugs xx

It will get better,Meg was a nightmare,selective hearing,pushing boundries,recall went to pot etc,typical teenager,she still has her moments but on the whole a pretty good girl.

Never had any issues with Tyler until last summer when he decided to give O/H a work out He has always had perfect recall even with distractions. Anyway off he runs after a fox,O/H shouted him and shouted him,but he totally ignored him and carried on going,accross the field,across the dual carriageway, and down to the railway line Where he finally decided to stop.
Obviously this knocked our confidence and trust so we worked on it and eventually allowed him back offlead and he has been perfect since.

Good luck I'm sure you will get there
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »