View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2009, 06:34 AM
It is true that there is something in the Muslim faith that says they cannot keep pet dogs, as last year a historic Fatwah (which is a religious law of some kind) was issued allowing Muslims with Guide Dogs (and there aren't many due to the dog thing) to take them to the Mosque for prayers.

I think it is something to do with only allowing animals that work to be kept. I'm not totally up on it though.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
It is true that there is something in the Muslim faith that says they cannot keep pet dogs, as last year a historic Fatwah (which is a religious law of some kind) was issued allowing Muslims with Guide Dogs (and there aren't many due to the dog thing) to take them to the Mosque for prayers.

I think it is something to do with only allowing animals that work to be kept. I'm not totally up on it though.
Huh I never knew that, I thought I would read a bit about the faith, they also don't eat pig products, take their shoes off before entering anyones house as a sign of respect, no consumption of alcohol, it is bad manners to point the soles of your feet at a person (your feet should be put on the ground)
About the dog issue again, they are seen as unclean, and most do not keep them as pets, they believe angels will not enter a house where a dog is kept. they are allowed to be kept for guarding a house or farm and for general hunting purposes.
also read an interesting article of a lady who got a guide horse instead of a dog due to her Muslim faith.
I have learnt something interesting today
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi,

It's easy to make light of this but I'm starting to get quite worried for you.

If your friend is turning up at your BFs house that's just wrong. SHe has to accept you have a life that doesn't involve her and she can't bother you 24/7!

If she turns up there do you answer the door or your BF? Next time, get him to answer the front door but ask her what she wants rather than just allowing her to come in. Otherwise you'll end up with no life at all.

I know I probably sound really harsh and I don't mean to. I feel quite sorry for this girl but perhaps all her friends are "controlled" to some extent by her. It's quite possible that she's surrounding herself with people who she can tell what to do.

Also, as far as Jake is concerned, would her parents have objections to her being as involved with him as she seems to want to be? I now see why she couldn't have a pet but if her aprents knew she'd been so involved with you and Jake then laybe they'd try to stop her seeing you (thus doing you a favour at the same time!).

Laura xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
OMG she is still creeping me out. Have you ever seen the movie "Single White Female" she is sounding like that.
Jake looks so cute and should definately get bunny ears just as a fashion accessory
Maybe don't tell her where you are when she texts you unless you are overseas or something (she how far she will follow you.
Never heard of a religion stopping you from owning a dog but am not up on them all so who knows
She obivously sees you as a good friend but is inappropriate in her boundaries. I would never turn up at a friends b/f's place without being invited. My Dad has a friend like that he has hunted him down at his g/f place (spied his car out the front, even though he never told him the address) and also turned up at a friends property (can't see his car from the road) looking for him. Now they are really annoyed as he just turns on up when he can't find my dad. He also rings and rings and rings, if he doesn't answer the phone he then rings me telling me how worried he is . My dad has a life and is hopeless at having his mobile on him and he has caller id so if he doesn't want to talk to him he doesn't answer.
With the whole college thing, sometimes people put other people down to make themselves feel better. but yes, that will have to go if all the other suggestions need to be used
I agree with Hades if you have a chimney definately block it off, my suggestion is with concrete as she should have a hard time getting through that I have an image of you waking up christmas morning, looking under the christmas tree and there she is sitting under it with your pressie and card
lol, never heard of single white female... will google it

your dads friend sounds well creepy! my friend has actually driven by mine to check if my bf is here! i dont drive, but he does so she comes to see if his car is there! especially when she used to pass mine on her way home from work. i think she thinks that coz we have known each other for so long, she has the right to see me whenever and that she comes first (especially with my bf) and that i should choose her, all the time.

haha, that is a funny image. i can just see that now! what a fright i would get in the morning, her as my xmas pressie

think i will need to make my house and garden like a fort, big walls, drawbridge, an alarm and security cameras

Originally Posted by Aligord View Post

yeah, i think thats right... thats what she tells me anyway.

Huh I never knew that, I thought I would read a bit about the faith, they also don't eat pig products, take their shoes off before entering anyones house as a sign of respect, no consumption of alcohol, it is bad manners to point the soles of your feet at a person (your feet should be put on the ground)
About the dog issue again, they are seen as unclean, and most do not keep them as pets, they believe angels will not enter a house where a dog is kept. they are allowed to be kept for guarding a house or farm and for general hunting purposes.
also read an interesting article of a lady who got a guide horse instead of a dog due to her Muslim faith.
I have learnt something interesting today
glad you learn something new and wow at the woman with the horse! that would be interesting to see.

Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

It's easy to make light of this but I'm starting to get quite worried for you.

If your friend is turning up at your BFs house that's just wrong. SHe has to accept you have a life that doesn't involve her and she can't bother you 24/7!

If she turns up there do you answer the door or your BF? Next time, get him to answer the front door but ask her what she wants rather than just allowing her to come in. Otherwise you'll end up with no life at all.

I know I probably sound really harsh and I don't mean to. I feel quite sorry for this girl but perhaps all her friends are "controlled" to some extent by her. It's quite possible that she's surrounding herself with people who she can tell what to do.

Also, as far as Jake is concerned, would her parents have objections to her being as involved with him as she seems to want to be? I now see why she couldn't have a pet but if her aprents knew she'd been so involved with you and Jake then laybe they'd try to stop her seeing you (thus doing you a favour at the same time!).

Laura xx
she usually texts me saying shes outside, so we just go out. although, once i was annoyed that she did that without asking or anything so i just ignored the text so she rang his door bell... at 1 in the morning! his brother was up and answered the door! shes is just so determined and if she wants something wont give up till she gets it.

i have tried so much to explain to her about it, but she thinks she should come first over everyone else (especially my bf), so its hard to get her to understand how it is... still not heard from her though so im getting the feeling she has fallen out with me over jake coz she always texts me...
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow ,that is scary, as Stumpywop I am making light of the situation. That is scary in so many ways. It is very controlling behaviour and what do you think she could do if you did refuse to allow her to do as she pleases (ie going over to your b/f place at 1am)? That is worrying that she thinks she should come first all the time.
Moat might be good but you will have to put something in it, goldfish won't cut it.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow ,that is scary, as Stumpywop I am making light of the situation. That is scary in so many ways. It is very controlling behaviour and what do you think she could do if you did refuse to allow her to do as she pleases (ie going over to your b/f place at 1am)? That is worrying that she thinks she should come first all the time.
Moat might be good but you will have to put something in it, goldfish won't cut it.
lol, big sharks
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 02:41 PM
psycho??

read most of this thread now andi certainly woludnt want a friend like that...

just avoid her like the plague.....

no need to have friends like that..........
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
lol, big sharks
Sounds like she might attack the sharks if they are between you and her
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
psycho??

read most of this thread now andi certainly woludnt want a friend like that...

just avoid her like the plague.....

no need to have friends like that..........
lol, i think i will start to maybe distance things... not contact her, wait till she does to me...

Sounds like she might attack the sharks if they are between you and her
lol, good point. maybe the loch ness monster would work??... surely nobody would mess with nessie
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Nessie should do it, who would dare mess with Nessie after all who knows what she would do as not many people r able to say. Is it because she is allusive or that no-one survives a close enounter with her
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >