Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If it couldn't be proved that the accused person was guilty, whoever reported them wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Years ago at our old house we had a problem with an old lady allowing her Lab to repeatedly foul the small green area outside our house. After we figured out the time she walked past everyday, the dog warden was called out to 'catch' her in the act. Sure enough she did, the woman was fined and we never saw her walk past again.
Thanks xx

Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

I was literally ATTACKED by this woman in Daventry once when Hal had cocked his leg on a tree! She told me that it was absolutely disgusting. I replied to her what about all the men who pee outside pubs, in the park etc. etc. She said that was different, it was human wee !!

Wot !!
OMG What a stupid woman by the sounds of it
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by oldshep52 View Post
From the Dog Fouling Act 1996

(2) This Act does not apply to land comprised in or running alongside a highway which comprises a carriageway unless the driving of motor vehicles on the carriageway is subject, otherwise than temporarily, to a speed limit of 40 miles per hour or less.
Well my gob is well and truely smacked. I have never heard of that?! I still don't get the relevance of it though? Whats it matter if the car is going 10mph faster or not?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tye_Bo View Post
Well my gob is well and truely smacked. I have never heard of that?! I still don't get the relevance of it though? Whats it matter if the car is going 10mph faster or not?
You obviously can't see dog poo over a certain speed.....
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tye_Bo View Post
I'm guessing that it's something to do with safety? The Powers That Be consider it to be too dangerous to poo pick on or beside a road where traffic can be travelling at such speed?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I'm guessing that it's something to do with safety? The Powers That Be consider it to be too dangerous to poo pick on or beside a road where traffic can be travelling at such speed?
Hahaha! so it is safe enough to be walking along a 40mph road but bending over to pick up a poo is somehow too dangerous? I don't think so. What a bizarre law though!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I didn't know about that law either!! Just goes to show huh?

I think it is such a pity that someone berated an obviously responsible dog-owner who DID pick up and only left a wee smear! For heavens sake what exactly did the guy expect you to do about that - go back and power-wash it???

He should concentrate his anger on the ones who leave the whole dump behind without a care in the world!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
What a prat.
Some people have nothing to do but moan.
Succinctly put, and my thoughts entirely.

Ignore the pillock!

x0x
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
I think the 40 mph thingy is more to do with whether the area the road runs through is more of a built up and therefore more populated? I'm just guessing
Raeyven
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I swear they'll bring in a law that we have to carry a bottle of disinfectant and a scrubbing brush with us when walking our dogs, just for incidents like the OP's. Some folk really need to know where laws end and common sense begins.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 05:36 PM
It's just PC-ness gone mad. A smear of dog poo left behind on a pavement following an unfortunate accident is not going to hurt anyone.

To my mind, far more noxious is cat crap ... which you invariably cannot see. There you are weeding your border, or your pots, you plunge your fingers into the nice loam to get them round a troublesome root, and suddenly you realise you have just encountered a buried splat of cat poo. There can be little worse than cat poo under your finger nails ... give me good old honest dog poo any day, which you can see, pick up and if necessary avoid.

Having said that, I do hate to tread in the stuff myself, so I can quite understand how upset people get about it ... but a smear on the pavement? Come on, that's just going too far.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >