View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Flynn always gets lots of attention. When the OH and I are out with the 4 dogs, people will always stop and ask "what kind of dog is the brown one?" and then remark what an athlete and a handsome chap he is.

The collies never get any attention and I think it's because there are so many BC's about that people dont really notice individual ones.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Gozo attracts heaps of attention because he is small and you don't see many Affenpinschers. So they bend down for a stroke and he moves away, as he really isn't interested in people he doesn't know, at which point they get a shock when Pepper takes the opportunity to dive in for a kiss!

Lots of people ask if Pepper is his mum, so I have to point out that they are not even the same breed!

I've had the rat comment about Pepper, a couple of years ago, which is funny considering that she's on the large side for a Miniature Schnauzer! Haven't had it yet about Gozo but I have seen the look, so far people have been polite enough not to say it in my ear-shot.

Can't wait until I get to take Enzo out!

J
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Kali and Snorri used to pick up comments because they were so alike - particularly over their blue eyes. The worst was when they got called "Devil dogs" because of their eyes!

Snorri
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Mo attracts attention as soon as she howls, which she does every time she sees another dog. It is a very distinctive sound
It's her way of greeting people and dogs.
People we regularly see on our walks get very hurt if she doesn't greet them. Hubby gives the command "woowoo" and she does it and everyone is happy
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Mine get a lot of attention mainly cos I have the three!
I usually get "youve got your hands full"....which I laugh at cos I could walk my three on a lead altogether just using my little finger they are so well behaved...so I havent really got my hands full at all, lol!!
clueless101
New Member!
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
about 50% of comments are positive and 50% negative with Oscar, when people try to stroke him suddenly he jumps back but if they let him come to them then he's okay. When people just walk past he barks allot at them, I'm not really sure why but i think its because he doesn't want to be ignored.. anyone else have this problem?

He also has a phobia of hats, children on bikes and vans :S
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 11:15 PM
You can`t take ours anywhere without getting attention, even if people dont stop us we have people pointing from cars
Best was last summer I was walking all three in the late evening and had a lorry pull over and I mean an HGV lol just to tell me how beautiful my dogs where and that he had never seen so many together
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Dusty gets the most, you can't go anywhere with her without being stopped and usually asked if she is a sausage dog, I just agree these days so I can move on, it's not worth the hassle.

Bear gets quite a bit, a mix of people anywhere between those actually loving him and those telling us he shouldn't be allowed out in public e.t.c. Poor Bear doesn't care either way but he does enjoy the cuddles!

Maddy will usually get people asking what she is as no one round here has ever heard of a weimaWHAT????. I have been TOLD by such 'experts' that she is anything from a dane pup and one day she was even a pitbull (as only pitbulls come in that colour dontcha know!)

Poor Charlie and Sadie hardly get any, Sadie very occasionally gets 'Look at that big dog' from kids but thats about it.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Fingal gets a bit of attention but only from the shooters that stay at the pub.

Breagh gets a bit more attention - usually people saying how thin she is for a lab. When I say she is a cross pointer they tend to say oh yes I see that now.

Skye gets the most attention. People will always ask what he is and you wouldn't belive how many people ask me how big he will get when he's older. When I point out he's 10 years old they are always amazed. I think it's because he's still got big knees and floppy legs.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Both mine attract LOADS of attention, not many people have seen a Shar Pei in the flesh, let alone two! Short walks take a LONG time
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >