Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Oh, that's why you've been on here all day and night then, so you can "talk" in silence,if ya know wot I mean!
We call it "Picture no sound" - or does that mean somink else?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Hmmmmmmmm - no comment!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Just picked up on this thread, so I best add my tuppence worth.
There's certain times of the year that I shop on line more, mainly in the winter months, when I can't be bothered to trudge the shops and face the elements. I will then shop across the board, groceries, clothing, electrical, and I do agree that the majority of the time a good saving is made. Not to mention the time saved, especially with groceries and the whole process, very time consuming!
Although I have not been on e-bay for sometime, I was a regular user and often picked up a real bargain-but you have to be careful you are not just shopping for that bargain, and end up buying because it's cheap!
I loathe shopping in town for clothes and the performance of undressing etc, sometimes it can't be avoided you never get complete privacy in the fitting rooms either. It's just knackering. I prefer the out of town places like Hedge End, Blue Water etc, it just seems a more relaxed enviroment to shop - do you agree?
Obvoiusly, overheads are more in shops, covering rent, rates, wages etc, but they also have to cover the cost of THEFT, which is eradicated when buying off the net! You only have to stand in Marks & Spencer for 10 minutes and you can see the blatant thieving going on!!
The only downer with shopping on the net, has already been mentioned, our back sides get bigger and social skills are deprived. Good thread....
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 06:30 AM
We do a lot of shopping on the net and have done over the past 3 years . Christmas just gone I would say that we did about 75% of our shopping online with great success.

Also, I check Ebay before buying ANYTHING ...you can so often get things on there cheaper than in shops Paying p & p is worth it to not stand in queues for ages IMHO
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Electrical goods is a definite now, especially since finding an excellent website when I purchased my recent carpet shampooer, again at a lot less than in the shop, with a good customer service department too, which also makes a pleasant change from the shops!
Helena, could I be a pain and ask where you bought this? I could do with one - thanks chick
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 07:35 AM
nearly always use the net except for food. did all christmas pressie shopping on line and will do so again. what i tend to do is look for specific item new and cost it out so if i buy on ebay i can include p&p to make sure i get a bargin. just very mean and have got a partially disabled o/h so prolonged shopping trips need to be avoided
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Helena, could I be a pain and ask where you bought this? I could do with one - thanks chick
Sure Vicky, here's the link:
http://ws3.goshopdirect.co.uk/home.php

Happy shopping!! Don't spend toooo much!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Yesterday, being Thursday, was the day of the Snorri Mansions Weekly Hunting Trip (or, at least, that's what the Doggies think it is, because we come back loaded with goodies).

One thing i was after was a supply of empty CD jewel cases. Usual shop, the price was - single, 0.18p
tenpack, £5 20

???

So I went to another shop. They didn't have any, but I did see a rather nice printer, which is becoming necessary, because the old one has been used as an escape route for Border Collies evading their brothers. I had a good look at the printer (an Epson D68 ) and had a word with the sales guy about its compatibility with Macs (making use of his superior knowledge of looking at the box). Fine, it would do.

Came home, logged on, and ordered it from Amazon for over £10 less.

Now, if they'd had the cases I was looking for, at a reasonable price, it might have been different.

Snorri
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4