View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 02:15 PM
TBH I have felt for poor dog since I first heard of her, as time has gone on I have felt even worse. Just don't know what has to be said to make the OP do something really is so sad.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Why does Jade wear a harness all the time??
I have already addressed the harness issue. Not repeating myself.

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
TBH I have felt for poor dog since I first heard of her, as time has gone on I have felt even worse. Just don't know what has to be said to make the OP do something really is so sad.
Um, I am doing "something". I've permanently removed the dog from the horrible outside area, and am trying to make her comfortable as an indoor dog.

Frankly, she's doing pretty well IMO and usually, they are able to play together and get along just fine. This does happen on occasion, and it's a fairly new thing he's doing (and not all the time) and I'm starting to work on it.

She's not an abused dog, I'm nice to her and play with her and everything... he's just becoming a nuisance to her as he grows and gains confidence. Be sad all you want, but most of the time they get along well and are just fine.

Nearly 6 months old and neutered, how old was he when he was neutered?
Nigredo was neutered early, very early by the shelter I got him from. I got him at 3 months, and he was already neutered and healed 100% so who knows how early they did it?

I guess my dogs are supposed to get along perfectly with no issues. I've never had this problem before and this is my first time trying to address anything like it. I simply asked for advice and whatnot. Thanks for the people that are trying to help.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 02:40 PM
No they do not have to behave perfectly all the time and I'm sure you'll address it now you have asked for advice. We all can't know everything so it's good you come to ask in.... my opinion. Xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I disagree, from the video the harness looks far from fine...have not seen the muzzle so can't comment on that,

It's amazing what dogs can put up with and give the impression things don't bother them , just because she does not look bothered having to wear that harness 24/7, does not mean you should leave it on.

It's obvious for all to see its to small for jade , if you wish to ignore that act, then so be it.
It might be done up too tightly, but it's not too small. I disagree with that. I do have it strapped all the way up, so it might be done up too tightly.. but it's not too small. It doesn't seem to bother her, if I saw that it bothered her... I'd take it off.

I don't think it bothers her anymore than having to wear clothing bothers people... but maybe I'm wrong??
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
No they do not have to behave perfectly all the time and I'm sure you'll address it now you have asked for advice. We all can't know everything so it's good you come to ask in.... my opinion. Xx
Thanks catrin. I'm glad you're always nice about things. I love these dogs and I know that I'm not always a great dog owner and the culture that I was raised in, who I am, etc. HAS had some negative effects on how I treat dogs sometimes.

I'm trying so, so hard to help her and to have two happy dogs... and I don't think I deserve some of these harsh comments. I know that they are going to be here, and I'll take them like an adult... but it's nice to see someone being actually nice.

I'd never abuse or hurt a dog on purpose, and I truly want these dogs to have happy lives, and they are happy most of the time IMO. I don't want her to be treated unfairly like this, I simply did now know exactly how to handle this because it's never happened before.

It was kind of cute watching him bounce around like that.. but I realized that she was annoyed by it, which is why I posted this.

I also did not realize that leaving the harness on was THAT bad. She didn't seem bothered by it so I...

ARGH!! Oh, well! I guess I cannot please everyone.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
For convenience !!!
That isn't a good enough excuse for her having to wear a harness all the time. She doesn't have a smooth coat so it can catch the hairs which will cause her pain.

If you need to get hold of her during the day a house lead is much better, you can pick the lead up and lead her away. With the harness you will have to get hold of the back which tightens up the rest of the harness causing her quite a lot of discomfort.

I am shocked that you are having the harness on for your convenience, they are so easily caught in things which again can cause the dog a lot of discomfort. If she did have a smooth coat it would be rubbed and cause sores.

I use that type of harness and it isn't fitted correctly, again it can cause her discomfort.

She deserves better than this.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
It might be done up too tightly, but it's not too small??
The fact is done up to tight makes it to small , to small or to tight, it's looks uncomfortable, and Jade looks uncomfortable wearing it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
It might be done up too tightly, but it's not too small. I disagree with that. I do have it strapped all the way up, so it might be done up too tightly.. but it's not too small. It doesn't seem to bother her, if I saw that it bothered her... I'd take it off.

I don't think it bothers her anymore than having to wear clothing bothers people... but maybe I'm wrong??
If I wear cloths that are to small/tight, it bothers me, if a dog wears a collar/harness that is to small/tight, it will bother them , the fact she does not tell you it bothers her is a tenement to her nature, the poor girl has had to put up with so much, and this is just another add on for her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-06-2013, 03:15 PM

I'd never abuse or hurt a dog on purpose, and I truly want these dogs to have happy lives, and they are happy most of the time IMO. I don't want her to be treated unfairly like this, I simply did now know exactly how to handle this because it's never happened before.

Ignorance should not be used as an excuse to mistreat a dog. You keep saying you want to learn, but no matter how many members point to you that the harness is to tight and should be removed when indoors, you simply don't listen, because its not bothering her. shock:

I don't understand why you can't 1) make it bigger for her. 2) take it off and hang it up after a walk, like most folk do
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 03:18 PM
The harness has been removed. A collar has been attached to her leash, which is left by the front door. When she goes on walks, the harness will be put on, but for yard purposes... I'll leave it off I guess.

I never have to grab her or yank her, it was on mainly because I didn't think it bothered her (still don't as she clearly displays her hatred of collars) and didn't think it was a big deal.

A normal collar bothers her and she scratches a lot trying to get it off so it won't be left on. She only has a rabies tag, which I don't bother putting on anyway... so there is no reason to leave the annoying collar on.

ADDED: Thanks for all the input everyone, but another one of my topics has derailed and veered way off from what I was originally talking about. I have considered and am taking much of the advice given. Thanks again, everyone.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >