View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Thank you OH has just said to me "what do you do on there all the time - you could be doing anything for all I know; cyber s*x or anything"

"No dear, just putting the world to rights!"
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2005, 10:02 PM
who wants cyber s*x when you can chat doggy talk lol

(second thoughts.......)
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2005, 10:07 PM
lol no comment
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2005, 10:07 PM
:smt044
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Hello LF, you'll have to go and put him right, not everyone needs or wants s*x like him LOL

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2005, 10:16 PM
I am not homeless but I do put Blackie's care and food number two on the list of things to pay for, I am last on the list and I am sure that's the way most of these homeless people feel too.

Ian
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2005, 10:35 PM
lol, cyber sex, you should say yes, wonder what he would say to that!
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Well, he was watching the snooker when he asked, so if I'd said "yes, I am, hot hot hot cyber s*x, do you want some?" He'd have said "nah, you're alright!"

Lesley
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2005, 06:49 AM
I´m not sure I´m able to write all this and make sense but I´ll try and stick to words I know and make it as short as possible

I worked at a animal shelter once and we got the homelesses dogs in when their owners needed to stay in a home to get some time of alcohol (detox kind of thing?).

The home for the homeless (sounds weird doesnt it) was about 10 min. walks away, and they would useall stay there for 2-8 weeks and then go back on the road again.

When they brought their dogs to the shelter they were allways in tears. They wanted to see where their dogs would be staying and they allways gave them a little something to remind them of them before leaving (shoe, blanket whatever). Some of the "normal" owners would just hand their dog over and leave for holiday. Didnt bother where it would be staying and trusted us completly to care for it. Well we did but I would wanna see if it was me..

Anyway, everday the homeless spend in the home a bit away they would walk down to us to see their dogs. As the days of no alcohol began to kick in they had more and more difficulties walking down to us, and they got more and more sick. they didnt care if it took them 1/2 hour or more to walk there (because of them getting sick) they would show up every single day.

Allways when they came they set aside their own prob, only wanted to spend time with their dogs and we gave them a place to do that somewhere quiet and where other ppl wouldnt get scared from the sight of them.

After the stay in the home they would pick their dogs up and go back on the roads and the life of being homeless. No complaints. No nothing. Just excited they got their dog back.

My point is, their dogs (from what I´ve seen) were (and are) their best friends. it wasnt a pet, a working buddy, whatever. It was plaine and simply their best friend and someone they treassured more in life than theyre own well being.

The dogs was (and are) the most well adjusted and lovely dogs I have ever seen. They took care of them first and then themselves.

And like others here have said, I have never heard of a homeless rehomeing their dog. But I have heard of a dog owned by a homeless who we had to pts because it went depressed from his death. It wouldnt eat, drink, go out, anything. It just gave up. I think the bond they have with their dogs are more than I can sometimes understand.
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2005, 06:52 AM
What a lovely post Amts It really puts things into perspective and is extremely touching.

Lesley
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >