Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Oh really? I LEFT the SE UK as I hated it there and would never go back, too many bad memories too. I much prefer Ireland and want to stay here. I have absolutely nothing to go back to.

Yes, well I'd like to live up in the Highlands, but then we'd be in the same position as you, coz neither Dave nor myself would find work in a garage, or he wouldn't have many customers if he owned a garage there???? When you knuckle down to it, you have to live where you can find work (which is usually in a highly populated area) don't you? If that's what you need to live, i.e. a wage.That's what people do?? If you can't sell your house until 2014 and you don't find a job, it doesn't look very hopeful for you if there's nothing around, or near enough to where you live. It sounds like a rather hopeless situation to me I'm afraid Can't you just leave the house unoccupied then and rent somewhere in a town in Ireland where you CAN find work, and that way you can pay the rent, plus find the funds to finish the house at week-ends maybe? Did you not do any homework when you moved over there, i.e. testing the waters for employment in that area, or did you just fancy living in that spot so bought a piece of land then? I'm just interested as to how you got into this situation that's all?
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Gill. I've just had a flick through the Galway advertiser. I know your not in Galway but there's 4 accountants jobs, various office managers, accounts assistants etc. Also loads of jobs for bar staff, shop assistants etc.

Is there not any jobs around your area that you could take temporarily until the right job turns up just to keep you going?

We used to travel from Galway to Longford to work for over 12 months so your not too far away from us.

If there is no work around you maybe moving is something to think about. We did it and don't regret it. We used to live in a lovely but remote part of Mayo but had to relocate to Galway due to work. We did try renting and going home for weekends but soon decided to permanently move.

Good luck. I'm sure things will work out for you
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I know you are all trying to help, but there are several other facts about the situation that I am not prepared to discuss publicly, that make these suggestion impossible. Believe me, I have thought of most possibilities, after all I have plenty of time to sit and think! AND comb every possible job website and look in the papers. It's nothing to do with pride. That went months ago.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Awwww hun hope your luck changes and soon,I hate to hear your soooo down.Wish you all the luck in the world,xxxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 03:36 AM
They can display whatever manners they like, within reason - they have jobs, I don't.

are you sure it was someone in for an interview, could it possibly been a meeting, something that the MD had to come to, {poss the last person that did the job taking them to an Emp trib,,,} mabey you have had a lucky escape, im sure your luck will change soon,,,you deserve a bit of good for a bit eh? xxx ps when it comes rub some my way too, x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 08:27 AM
I know you are all trying to help, but there are several other facts about the situation that I am not prepared to discuss publicly, that make these suggestion impossible. Believe me, I have thought of most possibilities, after all I have plenty of time to sit and think! AND comb every possible job website and look in the papers. It's nothing to do with pride. That went months ago.
Are there not any 'agricultural' jobs going? I was surprised the local dairy took me on and it was supposed to be part time and temporary which would have been fine but has turned out slightly longer hours and possible more permenant, that's fine too! I know it's only minimum wage but I thought something was better than nowt?
Just a suggestion. Hope things come good soon and on a positive note at least you can do the telephone radio interview unhindered now!
Becky
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Please explain how I can pay my mortgage, my substantial bank loan, my credit card bill, all the utility bills and run my car on minimum wage? If I drop from €47k to €15k it's more than the luxury items that go!!
I am getting more than minimum wage off the state!
As for the radio interview - they have still not been in touch and it will be too late to sell any books before Christmas. After Christmas? I expect interest will drop to zero.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 08:59 AM
It's just a suggestion Gill, you said that the state help runs out soon so what's better, a job on minimum wage or no money at all?
If you need to earn €47k a year then you need to make some pretty drastic decisions or you'll be living in your car with nothing. People are trying to help you Gill, I know what it's like to be seriously depressed and finanically ruined and I had to do some pretty drastic things to get back to even being able to work but no-one has a magic wand, if you're looking for a job that earns you €47k then you will have to move to the city.
Becky
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Mods, would you please lock this thread it's getting silly!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Gill, I don't think anyone is trying to upset you but if people don't have all the facts, there is a chance they will give you advice that to you seems 'silly'. No one here wants to see you suffer and everyone is genuinely concerned. It is understandable that you may not wish to post personal details here but if you choose not to, then there is the chance that people will not understand. I think I speak for everyone in saying we wish only the best for you now and in the future.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >