View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Just passed another one. It's brighter red. It looks like bloody mucous Really worried now. Will follow up my email with a phone call first thing tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
You must be very concerned, and I hope that you can see a vet early tomorrow.

I am absolutely sure that he will soon be back to his old self, but his diet may need some tweaking........fingers crossed here that the vet can sort it all out.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:16 PM
He had tummy trouble years ago but since switching to raw, he's had guts of steel

He seems fairly perky in himself compared to how he was earlier. I've contacted my boss to tell her I won't be in tomorrow as I think I'll end up at the vets with him.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:35 PM
That's good, at least you now have a free day to try to sort him out.

The fact that he is not miserable and sick looking has to be good news. I still have my fingers crossed that you can get an appointment for the morning.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Ailsa had gastro enteritus a year or so ago and that was accompanied by bloody mucus. Actually it looked a bit worse than Cains though.......hope you get him sorted tomorrow.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks. I've been googling and I'm hoping it is just that his colon is irritated for some reason. I've hoping he hasn't perforated his bowel with a sharp bit of bone or something - but he didn't have his normal recreational bones over the weekend, he's only had a lot of chunky meat and mince so I don't think it's that. Blood is automatically very scary I won't be happy till I've spoken to the vet tomorrow morning now.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Get well.soon cain xxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh I hope Cain will be okay and it's nothing too serious. That didn't look very nice at all, hope your vet pinpoints the problem quickly.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 04:57 AM
We kept letting him out in the garden until about 2am, only had one more bloody squit. Got up at 5am this morning to let him and found that he'd gone in the hallway. On the plus side it looked normal coloured (well still pale, but more normal for diarrhoea than red!)! Plus when I let him out for the loo, he only did a wee and not a poo. I'm so relieved that he's passed a normal coloured poo. Am also emailing a photo of this to my poor vet

Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Just found a collossal pile of vomit too (this is like a less fun version of hide and seek!). It was essentially a big ball of grass which is not surprising given the amount he was eating yesterday. There was also some bile and quite a bit of teeny tiny bits of bone, I'm mean like 1-2mm big which I think must be from the turkey mince that he had for dinner. It appears it stayed in his stomach longer enough to digest all the meat, which is good, but not long enough to digest the minced bone fragments. No signs of anything untoward in the vomit, no blood and nothing that wasn't supposed to be there!
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »