Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Crikey Brenda.....accident waiting to happen then! poor dog
Must google Bolton wakes as i have no clue what the heck it is
Mandy...hope you feel better once you get to work...maybe you will get a weirdo come in to make you laugh
i just couldn't believe that she had asked for volunteers and then used pregnancy as being unable to help...she must thing she is a princess or something
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Well you got to sleep in the end, Brenda, and hope you got a lie in so as to catch up on what you missed. Is Sarah enjoying her new job.
Lynn, from what I can see of where they live now, it looks like Astley Bridge/Belmont area which has lots of new build detached houses similar to theirs, which is why I thought it would be around there. A chance remark by someone today, after what you said, made me realise it was the land past the packhorse bridge and stocks in Ringley, I didn't know there was any access to it because it's been there since the '80's and nothing has ever been done with it.
I would have sent him to look at his machines and gone sightseeing, Venice has some serious stuff to see, nothing that I would find to moan about anyway
Bolton Wakes Weeks was the old mill holidays. Whole town shut down, schools closed, you couldn't buy a loaf of bread, everyone went off on holiday to Bląckpool or somewhere, only finally stopped a few years ago. Lots of Lancashire cotton towns had them
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Ahhhh I see TW...like our Coventry fortnight then...the factories shutdown and everyone used to go on holiday...always on the Friday night/ Saturday morning...the roads are still a nightmare now as the jag factory still closes down and a lot of smaller business still follow them.....luckily the shops don't shut lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Bit like the east end then with their days out and hop picking holidays in kent.
Venice is a beautiful place to visit so much history and beautiful churches and all that water amazing.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 05:10 PM
I've written a long response again which has disappeared
Glad everyone seems ok.
My friend and I had a great time lunching! TW I had Homity pie and a fabulous mixed salad so quite a change
It has been a beautiful day, a bit blustery but gorgeous sunshine. Could do with a lot more of that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Glad you enjoyed your lunch Nippy Jen.
I have heard of homity pie but cannot remember its ingredients.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Yep Sara really enjoying her new job. Tytos breeder came from Bolton. He went missing 5 years ago and was never found. So sad. Corri's starting so bfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Ooooooo, that sounds nice Nippy, good you had a nice time
Brenda, very good that Sara is enjoying her new job
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
the lads cabled tied me to the ramp and lifted it to try and cure me....didn't work though Lol.
That sounds a bit extreme, I know you car mechanics are a crazy lot but I didn't think the human body would withstand cables ties and a hydrolic ramp Still it would have made medical science breakthrough if it had worked
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Wonder she didn't snap in half really
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >