View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
The tenderness of wolves....a brilliant book, a crime story set in wilderness Canada of 1867, something a bit different.(Amazon)

I read The Island as well, a beautiful book it made me cry though.Have a wonderful hols.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd go along with Dobie Girl, and shout for Dan Brown - "The Da Vinci Code" (also an excellent film!) and "Angels & Demons" (Film in production) - I read both of them when I was in hospital. Both are gripping and will keep you occupied for hours! There's another book, too, "Digital Fortress", but I haven't read it yet.

Snorri
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I'd go along with Dobie Girl, and shout for Dan Brown - "The Da Vinci Code" (also an excellent film!) and "Angels & Demons" (Film in production) - I read both of them when I was in hospital. Both are gripping and will keep you occupied for hours! There's another book, too, "Digital Fortress", but I haven't read it yet.

Snorri
I think you and my OH have the same taste in books then, shame you're so far away as he seems to get through books at an alarming rate, then gives them away. He tells me Digital Fortress isn't as good as the other two though.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Yes Ceasars way , You recommended it to me a while back when I first got Roxy. I also got it from amazon in the end, but its being imported.

Ooh just thought for books. Have a look in your local tesco garage, our sell books for £3. and they have a really good selection. Big books. I really cant remember the name of the last one I brought. Will have a think.
Our local tesco's usually has a huge choice of books but they looked as if the shelves had been stripped the other day, typical
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
At the moment, I'm working my way through "Silent Heroes", by Evgelyn le Chene - it's about the exploits of animals who won the Dickin Medal in war; the "Animal VC". It's very touching, and some of the things the animals did were amazing - the vast majority being well outside any training.

Snorri
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm reading Jeremy Paxman's 'The English' which is all about English people, culture and why we're the way we are. Some funny bits in it and it is very written.

I also liked the Da Vinci Code.

A couple of funny books I've read are "The Wind Up Letters", and "Is it just me or is everything s**t".

The latter made me cry laughing.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
I usually pick up some books at the airport -Waterstones or Smiths usually have a 3 for 2 offer on
Can't recommend the Island enough tho' and the other all time classic Captain Correlli - completley different from the film , a bit hard going to begin with but worth a look

Have a lovely Time we want plenty of pics when you get back
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Big thanx to everyone for their recommendations especially " The Island" I thoroughly enjoyed it
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Its Brill isn't it ..... BUT ......where are the holiday pics ??
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Its Brill isn't it ..... BUT ......where are the holiday pics ??
Oh well I don't have a lot but will post some tomorrow. Also enjoyed "My best friends girl " Thanx Murph
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >