View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks to all of you He's still very quiet His tail's working ok though, so there's not too much to worry about! He'll be much better tomorrow after a good night's sleep! The vet nurse who handed him over told me they all adored him, he was such a good boy, and he had the biggest room in the house, and everytime they walked past he'd talk to them, or they'd speak to him and he'd answer back! He loves his big antibiotic tablets and waits for one after his meal! LOl! I told her that's because he always has a carrot after each meal, so he thought the tablet was his carrot! I've never seen these ab's before, they're Clavaseptin edible ones, but he just loves them she says!

I wonder what's in store for me next!!!!???? Thanks again to all of you, let's hope he'll just get better and better and won't need that biopsy.xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Brilliant news Helen. Sounds like the vet took good care of him. Hope he continues to improve. Bless his heart, taking his AB's like a good boy
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 06:40 PM
So pleased Georgie is home.What a worry for you.

Sending big gentle hugs, loads of staffie and springer kisses coming his way xx
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Just caught up with the other thread and now this one. SO glad Georgie is home again and doing well.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I am thrilled to hear Georgie is home with you and will be getting tons of the loving care he needs we know you!

It does make you wonder if it was something in the fields I am sure he will continue to make such a good recovery

Bet you are sooo relieved to have him home
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks Jackie (and Cassie!) Sal,Muttz, and Anne-Marie

It's a funny thing, you may remember I've been to the vets 3 times in the past 3 weeks with a terrible forelimb limp with Georgie. I was first fobbed off with arthritis (yes, came on overnight!!!! ), the 2nd time I saw another trainee type vet who diagnosed his foot(claws damaged) and came away with a £75 bill and a bottle of shampoo, and the third time only last Thursday when I saw my OWN vet for the first time, and he said there was nothing wrong with it so gave him a steroid jab for pyoderma which I didn't want anyway, but he said he had to have it coz his skin was bad (not!!!!) All in all, I spent around £150 with nothing to show for it except a bottle of Malaseb and Georgie was still limping terribly when walking about. He could run like the wind, but not walk, and I told my vet about this????!!!! However, since I picked him up this morning, for the first time in over 3 weeks he's not limping at all?????!!!!! Did my vet miss something here then???? Could an enlarged liver (which is situated right above the stomach!) cause a dog to limp I wonder????? I might ask the new vet on Friday when I see him.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
It does make you wonder. If it could of made it sore to walk if it was pushing up on it .
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Yes H...remeber that thread not long ago about the pup with something in its stomach? That wasn't walking properly either...so could be!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Just caught up with your other Thread, so sorry I missed it.

Glad that Georgie is back home now, get well wishes from us all here x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Oh Helen - I have been away for a fortnight and am only just catching up on Dogsey today. So sorry to hear about your fright with Georgie, but over the moon that he is getting well again
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >