Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Whilst we're on the subject I will enlighten you all on the perfect boiled eggs, ready? My brother told me this and it's foolproof! Cold water in the saucepan, as soon as it starts to boil, set the clock for 4 minutes, no more no less and turn the water down so that it's above a simmer, bubbling quite a bit. When 4 mins is up, tip out the water and pour in cold water, then into your eggcups and voila, the most perfect boiled eggs you have ever tasted! That's my little tip of the day for Dogsey
l:
When do you put the eggs in the water H?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Evening June. Just look at those puppies they are so cute.

I agree with Helena write yourself a note about the petrol we don't want you running out.

I love egg and soldiers now you have me thinking thats what I may have for my tea.

Helena you did make me laugh over the door the plinth and getting it in the car.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
When do you put the eggs in the water H?
Ooooops did I forget that bit then Jen???? LOL, trust you to get all pernickity on me!!!!!

The answer to your question IS, when you put the pan of COLD water onto the heat, you must remember to put your eggs in it first, before you put it on the heat!!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Ooooops did I forget that bit then Jen???? LOL, trust you to get all pernickity on me!!!!!

The answer to your question IS, when you put the pan of COLD water onto the heat, you must remember to put your eggs in it first, before you put it on the heat!!!!!
I think I will stick with my lecci one - it even switches itself off when the eggs are done!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 06:57 PM

You know what I'm like in the kitchen

Actually I agree completely with your Bro, I cook mine the same way except that I don't put cold water on them. I presume that is to stop them cooking.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Its minty chocolates folks. Only choccies I got.

I'm going for a bath before the festivities begin here.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes Jen, it's to stop them cooking any further, cos if you don't do that, remember that 2nd egg is always hard when you crack it after you've eaten the first isn't it, but it won't happen if you plunge them into cold water - got it??!!!

Oooooooh good, Lorraine's got the chocolate mints, and I'll bring Dave's pizza he won't notice!!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:23 PM
*hurtles in with the magic bottle............sorry sorry sorry

Will elucidate on reason for lateness ere long
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Snickers and Bounties here, fire is just right as well, giving you that lovely warm feeling right the way through.
Come back from a walk with Cariad and it is chucking it down, no frost or ice though
I did my eggs like that Helena, although I have never done the cold water bit, so will try that. I think by the time I had my soldiers made and cut up I had left them too long.
I have got a big tray of eggs here as Cariad is having one every other day at the moment and Lona and Mabs have 2 a week, so thought I may as well get a tray in, and of course that set me off on the eggs and soldiers route....
Babies absolutely went crazy for the sardines they were literally clambering over each other and pushing each other out of the way to get to the tray with the sardines in
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Snickers and Bounties here, fire is just right as well, giving you that lovely warm feeling right the way through.
Come back from a walk with Cariad and it is chucking it down, no frost or ice though
I did my eggs like that Helena, although I have never done the cold water bit, so will try that. I think by the time I had my soldiers made and cut up I had left them too long.
I have got a big tray of eggs here as Cariad is having one every other day at the moment and Lona and Mabs have 2 a week, so thought I may as well get a tray in, and of course that set me off on the eggs and soldiers route....
Babies absolutely went crazy for the sardines they were literally clambering over each other and pushing each other out of the way to get to the tray with the sardines in
but I thought they were having pilchards in tomato sauce tonight you said??!! Sardines as much nicer though

Was that Sally whizzing in and out just now then?? How nice is that, just popping in to bring us the bottle, I must remember to be nicer to her tonight!!!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >